Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Anyone tried a p12 ecu in their accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wanna do the ecu swap, 5-10 hp is better then nothin

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas_LX
      I've had the Prelude ECU for the past 7 months. I works great.... I bought it off a member. This has been known for a while....
      Still not sure if/what there are any internal engine differences.
      Did you notice any difference in lower end torque since you started using the P12?

Members Ride Thread

Comment

I'm hesitant to say... considering how notoriously inaccurate the butt-dyno is
        But... it seemed faster, and revs "quicker" like... more responsive. gas mileage stayed about the same... and everything works. I'd say no harm no foul!
        Although I am a little unsure how this will affect my Smog. Hmm... same goes for my IABs being hooked up to Vaccum.... but thats neither here nor there.
        Dont expect to be amazed like you just got mad-awesome V-tak added to our engine...but for the cost-to-horsepower ratio... its not bad.
        Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas_LX
          I'm hesitant to say... considering how notoriously inaccurate the butt-dyno is
          But... it seemed faster, and revs "quicker" like... more responsive. gas mileage stayed about the same... and everything works. I'd say no harm no foul!
          Although I am a little unsure how this will affect my Smog. Hmm... same goes for my IABs being hooked up to Vaccum.... but thats neither here nor there.
          Dont expect to be amazed like you just got mad-awesome V-tak added to our engine...but for the cost-to-horsepower ratio... its not bad.
          good stuff. I suppose the more bolt on mods you have on the cb7 A1, the less of a difference you would feel after switching to a p12 ie. an A1 with factory IM and exhuast manifold would show the highest performance increase.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

would a p12 do anything 2 my f22a4 engine? all i have is intake
            Last edited by handsoff012; 10-05-2006, 03:38 PM.

Comment

The Prelude F22A1, and Accord F22A1 and A4 are all the same as far as the engine goes. Only difference is the A4 has the nice header, so a P12 would show good gains for an A4 as well
              Originally posted by DoctorCipher
              ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

what year prelude was this out of?

Comment

nice guys! would you have to reset the p12 after you install it? you know when you add boltons?
                  "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Im going to see if this works, my brother has a 1995 honda prelude s in a 5 speed, i was telling him the other day that he had the pt3 since he was an owner of the f22a1, but turns out that im wrong, thats no wonder everytime it drive his car it feels faster(more responsive) than my 1990 A4. Eveything is stock exept for the intake that he has on there. Does anyone know if the prelude s come with an accord trany or prelude trany? Just wondering becuase if it came with an f22a1 then it may possibly come with the cordie trany as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                      what year prelude was this out of?
                      i would say 92-95

Comment

i no i upgraded my ecu already and it has more power....It pretty sweet

Comment

i wish i would have grabbed that p12 ECU out of that prelude i found at the junk yard. $25 and i could have had more HP anf TQ. lol

Comment

For you automatic guys with a A6 motor...

I was curious and tried just the TCU from a automatic 1993 Prelude S on my old CB7. One thing about the TCU that changed the accord was the faster aggressive shifting but other than that it just felt more sportier and I don't know if it made it any faster. The reason why I didn't swap the ECU with it was because on my sisters prelude S, there are no butterflies on the manifold like a A6 manifold would have. I don't know if they changed the manifold on later year S models, but hers is the original engine and it's basically looks like a A1 or A4 model.

I can see this ecu mod might help A1 and A4 motors, but this probably won't gain a whole lot on a A6 intake manifold equipped vehicle. Maybe on low-end but on highend it may kill a A6's power. If the P12 controls the butterflies as well then hey.

Interesting topic tho! I would like to see dyno results, if they come out really good I can see alot of people looking for P12 ecu's and tcu's very soon.
                            I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                            707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                            "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                            '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

^
                              ^
                              ^

yeah but heres the question: if the only difference between the cb and that year prelude is the ECU, you think the ECU gave the motor in the Prelude a better air/fuel ratio or some type of timing? and the TCU gave it earlier shift points?

i wish there was a dyno around here somewhere so i could test this out. its kinda odd that the prelude has 135hp with the same motor as the cb7 f22a1. if its just the ECU then i mean think about how this could change how much HP you could get just by swaping the ECUs, IM, headers, and intake.

Comment

does the ecu have to be the same as your car as in manual and auto?? in order to work?

1994 Accord Coupe LX BPU
                                1991 Galant VR4 #1395/2000 Sold
                                1990 Accord EX 4DR Sold
                                1990 Galant Base Model junked it
                                1991 Accord EX 4DR gave away

Comment

Working...
                                X