Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Anyone tried a p12 ecu in their accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried a p12 ecu in their accord?

Hi there,

I've been romaing around the forums about putting a Prelude S p12 Ecu in an accord.

I bought an accord 3 days ago and was thinking about swapping in my p12 ecu for the pt3.

(Both my Prelude S have an F22a1 engine, with the same IM/EM. But the Accord has 125hp while my Prelude has 135hp.)

I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has tried this first.

Thanks.

I think there is more that contributes to the a1 140hp rating. I thought thats what the prelude S was rated at but dunno.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The Prelude is rated at 135hp that I know for a fact.

The intake manifold and exhaust are the same. I've basically had both cars side by side and compared them.

The only difference appears to be the Ecu's.

I want to try it switching them, but I'm hoping for some feedback from anyone who has given it a shot.

Comment

uhmm, thats very interesting.lets hope someone has some answers
        Last edited by amd3dnow3; 10-05-2006, 02:35 PM.

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
        Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

On the outside the f22a1 from the Prelude and Accord may appear to be the same, but it's the things on the inside that differentiates them. The Prelude probably has a better cam than the accord, maybe the intake has been slightly tuned for better performance, and i'm pretty sure the ecu has been altered (ie: increased timing) to take advantage of those things. If you have the means, try swapping out the ecus and judge for yourself.
          2010 Toyota Camry LE 2.5L - the most boring car ever
          2002 Impreza WRX - TD05-16G, 178K miles, 30mpg hwy
          1993 Accord SE - RIP 10/2000-07/2013

Comment

Both the cams are the same. I'm not sure how they would tune the intake though...

I guess I might as well give it a go today and see what happens.

I will try to post my results today. I will know pretty quick whether or not I made any significant gains.

Comment

I just finished swapping the Ecu's.

First I drove my Prelude with the pt3. It wasn't a big difference but it seemed the low end tourque was lacking a bit. It was like drinking a diet coke.

Then I tried my Accord with the p12. It's not like I swapped a new motor, but I can definately feel a little more go, especially in the low end. Definately pulls a little harder off the line.

Overall you can definately feel the difference. I'm going to find a dyno in town and do a run with both Ecu's to see what I'm actually gaining.

Comment

keep me updated as well I'd really like to know
                Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

Comment

Originally posted by kingdave9
                  I just finished swapping the Ecu's.

First I drove my Prelude with the pt3. It wasn't a big difference but it seemed the low end tourque was lacking a bit. It was like drinking a diet coke.

Then I tried my Accord with the p12. It's not like I swapped a new motor, but I can definately feel a little more go, especially in the low end. Definately pulls a little harder off the line.

Overall you can definately feel the difference. I'm going to find a dyno in town and do a run with both Ecu's to see what I'm actually gaining.
                  you should post or contact accord warrior about your findings.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i might try this. holla.

Comment

we need some roller results, thats 10 hp for just swaping ecu this is the next big thing.

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
                      Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

^
                        ^
                        i know right. i need to take a trip to the junk yard and find me one yo. lol

Comment

thats crazy idea but i like it, my friend chips ecu's , im see if u can get the chip settings for it so i can do that 2 my car

Comment

I've been telling people to do this for years, but do they listen? Sometimes :P
                            Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                            ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

I've had the Prelude ECU for the past 7 months. I works great.... I bought it off a member. This has been known for a while....
                              Still not sure if/what there are any internal engine differences.
                              Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

Working...
                              X