Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

motor mount question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motor mount question

i search. doing my auto=manual swap. what motor mount is recommend? i know the 5th gen tranny mount is best! but what about rear? front? driver side? i will b going to the junkyard to pull these part out i just wanna know which is best
    DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

anybody?
    DEFJAM

Comment

u can reuse all the other mounts, just pick up that 5th gen tranny mount and you will be set,

pick up accord ones if urs are in bad conditon

also people seem to swap the hydraulic rear motor mount for an lx motor mounts, don't know if u have and ex
      Members Ride

Comment

^^^What he said. FYI, the torque mount from a manual trans 90-93 is supposedly more rigid than the one from an automatic so if it's possible, i would pick up one of those if the condition is good.
        2010 Toyota Camry LE 2.5L - the most boring car ever
        2002 Impreza WRX - TD05-16G, 178K miles, 30mpg hwy
        1993 Accord SE - RIP 10/2000-07/2013

Comment

aiight cuz the auto-manual thread showing u gotta get the front,rear, and tranny mount. i'ma pull the front tranny mount too just in case. the reason i'm going to the junk mostly cuz i need a intermediate shaft. they dont sell it at the store. but thanks on the head up for the mount. i dunno if my car is a lx or ex. the only way i could tell is if it got dual muffler pipe and dual downpipe i think?
          DEFJAM

Comment

Easy way is if you have a Sunroof then u have an EX

Trim breakdown
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...81&postcount=5

The only other two best ways of telling are by looking at which motor you have.

motor to trim breakdown

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...28&postcount=9

And the only real definitive way is the VIN

Comment

keep your driver side mount. get the 5spd front one if you want, but the auto one works, just a tad softer. you can also opt for an DX/LX 5spd rear mount and bracket, its shorter and more solid.

as for the transmission mount:

if youre planning to use a 5spd tranny from a 90-93 accord DX/LX (with 3 stud spots on top): you need the stock 5spd tranny mount and you will need to cut the bracket off of the side of the engine bay, buy the new 5spd bracket from the dealership, and have it welded on (in the proper location)

if youre planning to use a 5spd tranny from a 92-93 accord EX, 94-97 accord, or 92-01 prelude (with 5 stud spots on top): the best choice is the ESP mount listed below, but if you need to rig it for free using available OEM parts, you need to use a 94-97 accord or 92-96 prelude 5spd tranny mount. you will also need to stack washers 3/8" tall on the studs for the DRIVER side mount, so it sits up a bit higher. itll be a tight horizontal squeeze and youll need to jack the motor up a bit to get the front mount in, because the motor sits slightly lower in the bay. it should work perfectly fine and will not require welding, but some people say it causes problems in CBs that are lowered too much.

also: the only aftermarket conversion option as of yet is an ExplicitSpeedPerformance custom 5spd mount kit. note that it will only work on these transmissions that use a prelude/5g stud pattern, as well as a 5spd LX/DX rear motor mount bracket.
              Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-19-2011, 12:30 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i had the same problem it just depends on the tranny your going to use

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                "2SIIC"
                Authentic Jerseys for sale
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

dawg.. if i would knew this before. i would never have gotten the manual swap just cuz of that wut cpmike said... i'm really depressed that i already took so much shit out and bought so much shit for the swap and the motor mount is gonna piss me off. dam i shoulda left it. sigh... well.. i dunno what kinda 5speed tranny i have. all i know is it's sittin on my grass waittin to get installed. at this point i already got the driver side axles and all that shit out. dam man..
                  DEFJAM

Comment

okay.. i dont have a ex.. cuz i dont have sunroof.. i dunno if my tranny from a LX or EX.. i bought it from jarhead from here. and i dun think he knows either.. the tranny has a number on it.. says..

H2U5-7031847

another number says

NPT6-A3..

anybody knows if this a EX or LX DX tranny? i pray it's an EX. i dont wanna go thru welding process or i'ma sell the freakin car cuz i aint gonna start puttin all that auto shit back i'm mad tired already doing this by myself.
                    DEFJAM

Comment

yea same here defjamon22z i have everything for the swap but as soon as i found out about the tranny mount i as like fuckkk i thought i was gonna have it done this weekend but i didnt oh well im gonna see if i can find a shop that can weld one together cause i know someone who has a custom motor mount to make it fit in perfect and hes gonna let me borrow it so i can show the shop how i want it and they can make it if you want ill let you know when i found a shop to do it and how much and all you got to do is pay for it and the shipping

"2SIIC"

Comment

i'm just so tired of the buying buying buying. i'm going back n forth in and out more parts god. if anybody say the wanna do a auto-manual swap i'ma tell them deeply IT"S HELL!. cuz everybody saying it's easy and all that but it's really not. to take em off yes but to get all that freakin parts and tranny mount omg.
                        DEFJAM

Comment

well i'm going back to work on my car doing the swap.. i'ma check back tonight on this thread see if anybody answer my question bout weather my tranny is a ex or Lx or DX. if it's a DX/LX i'll holla at u bout that custom motor mount.. but if it's a EX thank god. i been good all these year i dont deserve hell.
                          DEFJAM

Comment

yea me too but im hoping i can find a spot where they can do it for me

"2SIIC"

Comment

back. after tryin to take out the axle on the driver side for at least 2 hours since i wasnt sure what i was doing.. the passenger side came out easily and quickly. top 10 mins. bout to go ahead and start takin few things under the car outta the way and go ahead and start takin the top part. brb
                              DEFJAM

Comment

Working...
                              X