Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

sleeves,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sleeves,

oki so ive been looking around, i have 2 turbo kits sitting in my house right now 2 accords sitting outside, my white accord is stripped down to nothing well except a dash to start making it a go fast happy car, anyways been looking at building this motor anyone help me out with this, f22a motors have weak connecting rods am i right? they run a good low compression 8 to 1 compression, now im not looking at doin 30psi but id like a good 16 psi maybe a lil more reliable, has anyone used the f22parts stroker kit?? any help on this would be totally awesome, and why do people sleeve their blocks are the f22 blocks weak??

YOu could run 10psi daily on a good tune. I know a couple people that do that around Dallas. Anyway I think the rings will give out quicker than the rods or pistons but those would be a good thing to upgrade if you want to push 16psi. The F22A sleeves are good and I think some people push up to 13psi with them if not more. They do make sleeve kits however for the f22a if you want to go that route.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Ya, any more than that and you're gonna have ring/ringland problems I suspect.....
      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

compression 8.8:1
        rods are NOT weak. They can handle 300whp. Ringlands are very weak
        sleeves are not weak. Unless your making over 350whp no need to resleeve.
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

so basically pistons and ringlands are my main worry, i have seen a fair bit of people swap in the h23 crank why?

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=41915

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by roaddemons
              so basically pistons and ringlands are my main worry, i have seen a fair bit of people swap in the h23 crank why?
              Yep, not sure about the H23 crank though

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

well just been seeing alot on some members rides and looking at some built f22a's they use the h23's
                but yea seems to be a good idea to get some pistons, been thinking about it and seems like a 12-14 psi should be the best way,

Comment

Originally posted by roaddemons
                  well just been seeing alot on some members rides and looking at some built f22a's they use the h23's
                  but yea seems to be a good idea to get some pistons, been thinking about it and seems like a 12-14 psi should be the best way,

That should be good. I've been doing research on it (TONS of info on this forum) i got a turbo kit coming, also bought some new pistons an such...can't wait!
                  Last edited by Dinner_Time; 10-19-2006, 01:08 AM.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

Working...
                  X