Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Turbo and such

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo and such

I never really thought about it, but is it possible for water to come up into the turbo through the intercooler or piping or something and destroy everything..somehow? Is it possible to put something on the pipes like on the CAIs? Just a thought I had I think it's a dumb one though lol.

And also, what gauges should I get? I'll be running the T25 set-up bought from hardmoneyhonda (hoping it'll arrive this week ) since it won't be a huge set-up would I be allright with boost and AFR guages, or should I get all that are possible, just to be safe?

Thanks!

Sean-Dinner.com

no, the intercooler is like a radiator, not like a filter.

you can soak the thing in water and it wont go in.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

For your gauges do you mean what type you should get or what brand?

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
        no, the intercooler is like a radiator, not like a filter.

you can soak the thing in water and it wont go in.
        Alright, that's what I thought but I like to be %100 sure, thanks.

Originally posted by HondaB18
        For your gauges do you mean what type you should get or what brand?
        I mean what type, for the brand I think I'll go Greddy unless anyone has some others to suggest.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

a gauge is a gauge is a gauge... as long as it reads correctly, its fine. ive had autometer, sunpro, faze, greddy, etc and they all work the same as long as theyre calibrated.

and an intercooler is a totally enclosed unit, like a radiator.... like d112 said. think about it, if an intercooler was an open system, how would you get any boost to the throttle body?
          1993 CB7
          2001 BB6

Comment

Originally posted by bresk8r87
            a gauge is a gauge is a gauge... as long as it reads correctly, its fine. ive had autometer, sunpro, faze, greddy, etc and they all work the same as long as theyre calibrated.

and an intercooler is a totally enclosed unit, like a radiator.... like d112 said. think about it, if an intercooler was an open system, how would you get any boost to the throttle body?

That's what I figured, and I know it doesn't make any sense, but hey, it's always good to ask! :P

And I know a gauge is a guage :P. I was wondering in terms of which type I would need more a mild boost...such as boost gauge, air fuel ratio, oil pressure, that kind of stuff. I'm not overly concerned about brands.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

your intercooler and piping are all sealed.

grab oil pressure, a/f gauge and boost.
              what kinda boost you gonna run??

Comment

Originally posted by 4th_gen
                your intercooler and piping are all sealed.

grab oil pressure, a/f gauge and boost.
                what kinda boost you gonna run??
                Alright, thanks!

I'm going to be running low boost to start, like 6psi or so. I know it's super low but I don't need to blow my engine too soon lol. Then later I'll worry about putting more money into the engine, buying parts here and there and upgrading turbos. But that'll be a long time from now probably, just a little boost to start .

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

just get some autozone gauges. no need for expensive ones.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

word. I got mine from pepboys. Its an autometer one. vac/boost biatch
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

heh... i got all my gauges for free... a buddy of mine had some for his srt and never used them...

anyhow,

ive got boost/vac and A/F ratio, but its pretty useless to A/F if you dont have a wideband o2... oil pressure is optional but its a good feeling of security... and if you use the stealthmode oil line kit you can just run it off the block 'T' fitting... just my .02
                      1993 CB7
                      2001 BB6

Comment

I'd suggest Boost/Vac, Oil Pressure and Oil temperature if it was me. To me, the brand of the gauges does matter, some are more accurate then others.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
                          I'd suggest Boost/Vac, Oil Pressure and Oil temperature if it was me. To me, the brand of the gauges does matter, some are more accurate then others.
                          Dito^^^^

but its always good to grab something to start and up grade asap when ya can.
                          here at princess auto you can get boost gauges for $16 + tax . nice too.
                          dunno the quality but we will find out when we put the 20 psi on my old hatchback.

Comment

Autometer is decent stuff. Gets the job done.

You CAN suck water through your intercooler piping if you don't have it fastened properly. Many people, especially with homemade kits, use many small lengths of pipe held together with connectors and hose clamps... the easiest way to get the pipe that goes to the throttle body is to use a CAI... if you lose a connector at the CAI side, you can suck in air. One thing that could potentially knock a pipe loose would be slamming your passenger side into a large puddle...

Comment

Alright, so pretty much just make sure everything is tight and it should be good.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

Working...
                              X