Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

close ratio steering/quicker gear box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

close ratio steering/quicker gear box

Im about to do a lot of work on my car and it involves removing the steering rack. I have been searching and cant find too much on close ratio gear boxes for our rack and pinion. I really want to make my steering quicker, if anyone has information on this that would be awsome.

turbo wagon sleeper

Nope havent seen one. I think password jdm or maybe omnipower made one for the b series and such. We do have a manual rack which came off of the dx accords but as for a close ratio rack and pinion I havent seen one yet made for the cb unless you can substitute another rack and pinion from another car that can take our racks place.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      We do have a manual rack which came off of the dx accords
      We do, really? I thought ALL CB's came w/ P/S as a standard option

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
        We do, really? I thought ALL CB's came w/ P/S as a standard option
        same here if so i need to get me one of those lol
        Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
        Project 240SX
        Originally posted by chillin943
        anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
        Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Someone mentioned to me before I wasnt sure so thought I would throw that in. Maybe it was the AC delete and I mistakened it for the ps pump on the dx. Although civic dx and crap did come with manual racks.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i thought they were all powered. But ive been wondering the same whether we can get some type of faster p/s box. I know that taking off p/s greatly improves road feel, and maybe a smaller steering wheel would help with steering speed.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I know this is an old thread but did anybody find a quicker rack ratio?
              Verde's clean 92 CB7

Comment

No. ONly way is to make it yourself or adapt the ones off of a civic or integra onto your car. UNless there are other cars with similar size racks.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Do you know of anybody that has done this ?

Originally posted by NAiL05
                  No. ONly way is to make it yourself or adapt the ones off of a civic or integra onto your car. UNless there are other cars with similar size racks.
                  Verde's clean 92 CB7

Comment

1. No
                    2. Quicker gear box choices are dogbox or sequential which costs an arm and a leg.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I've not heard of a quick ratio rack for Accords in general ot CB7s in particular.

About all you can reasonably do is all you can do to make the steering more responsive and reduce understeer. This will make the steering feel more direct, and in fact require less steering input for a given degree if turning.

Other than stiffer sidewall tyres, I'd reccomend in no particular order:
                      Higher tyre pressure (up to a point, depending on how the specific tyres respond to it)
                      Stiffer rear ARB
                      Increased neg camber
                      Increased caster angle (as much as you can reasoanbly get)
                      Slight front toe-out (not too much!)
                      Front and rear strut bars (good ones)
                      Uprated dampers (Koni yellow would be my choice)
                      Poly damper upper mounts (or compress the existing rubber ones for more pre-load and less sloppiness in the rubber)
                      Maybe stiffer springs
                      Maybe poly suspension bushes

That covers just about everthing I can think off, except perhaps a smaller steering wheel.
                      Regards from Oz,
                      John.

Comment

there is a kit you can buy that basically changes the gearing in the system in the column i remember reading about itnot sure i dont see why this couldnt be used on our cars

Comment

Basically the rack and pinion is gears and teeth it meshes on as mentioned. You just adjust that ratio you got a shorter rack. The only bitch is that you gotta cut up the rack to get to it as I recall then reweld it back together the casing.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

get a hold of a local steering rack re-builder and they will help you source a quicker rack and pinion set.

Last edited by lokuputha; 01-25-2008, 02:36 AM.
                            DEVOTE

Comment

quaife makes one for ef chassis...and there was another company that made one that adapted into the middle of the column i think cant find the link tho

Comment

Working...
                              X