Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

A/C Delete or not? 200K Daily Driver....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kinda ...

does any one know how hard it would be to add cruise control to a 90 dx i have an ex steering wheel already so it has the buttons

Ride List
    1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
    2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
    newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
      i couldnt see the point of losing its functionality for a measly (what, 100lb?) weight reduction. either way the car is still heavy. without it, no more cold air in the summer or dry air for the defroster... as long as its turned off, the A/C clutch spins freely, so theres really no added drag on the motor. but hey thats just me

The functionality wasn't 100% there. The CB7 is my BEATER, I have motorcycles and my signature car (see below) to drive in the Summer along with my wifes MDX. It was easier for me to delete all of the A/C equipment than for ME to lose 100 lbs.

Yes, the A/C clutch spins freely..........and produces little to no drag, just added weight.
      After 17 years and 208K miles, I'm not "tuning" my CB7, I'm "restoring" a CLASSIC.

Comment

I haven't had A/C in my car since I got it 3 years ago, and I've been too cheap to fix it...so when I got my F22B swap I ditched it. I don't drive much, and I'm looking for performance so any dead weight has gotta go...esp. over the front wheels as I ditched PS too.

Really though power wise accessories aren't that big of a drain during something like a 1/4 run. But every lb counts. My car felt noticeably quicker when I ditched my 100# system...

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Yeah, A/C isn't much weight, but it was dead weight and I wasn't going to fix it. Never had A/C before, so I don't miss it. And a little interior rain-x and proper HVAC settings keep my windows nice and clear.
          Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by Otto
            Yeah, A/C isn't much weight, but it was dead weight and I wasn't going to fix it. Never had A/C before, so I don't miss it. And a little interior rain-x and proper HVAC settings keep my windows nice and clear.

That compressor is a PIG weight wise.
            After 17 years and 208K miles, I'm not "tuning" my CB7, I'm "restoring" a CLASSIC.

Comment

^Yeah it is, all my A/C stuff weighed in @ about 70 lbs and that's minus the condenser fan that I later took out.

IMO, I would take it out, I absolutely love how much more room there is in the engine bay, it's a joy to work on and the weight savings can really add up!

Comment

keep the power steering, delete the a/c...thats what windows are for
                the green bean

Comment

Originally posted by slowgreencb7
                  keep the a/c, delete the power steering...thats what arms are for

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by slowgreencb7
                    Originally posted by cp[mike]
                    keep the a/c, delete the power steering...thats what arms are for
                    delete them both......thats what a beater is for.
                    91 Ex CB9
                    JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
                    p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
                    Weight Reductions
                    R33 or R34 front end

Comment

deleting the A/C wont exactly work in AZ. Just try and run in July/August with the windows down and see how much of a kick you'll get outta having that measly performance gain

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

i got ac ps and cc i love and use them all. im not worried about a lil bit of weight. im not all about performance i just want a car that has a sum go and i like my luxuries. my oppinion. oh and if any of them brake i am fixing them.
                        cant wait till im all done

Comment

I like all me luxuries, my ac stopped working this spring so, I didnt get to use it this year, but hopefully next year ill fix it

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Working...
                          X