Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

For all those with idle problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all those with idle problems

Hey guys, I wanted to post this because i am tired of seeing the same thing over and over, "Help idle problems" or "My idle is revving back and forth" I have looked up a picture to show you all on how to fix the problem. Down below is a picture showing the intake manifold.

If you look at group #8-has numbers 3,9,19,26- thats is whats call the fast idle valve. As a honda tech standard on paper this is how you correct the problem.
    1) Start the engine
    2) remove the cover of the idle valve by the two screws
    3) Push your finger on the valve seat area-the cone shaped object inside- and make sure that there is airflow with the engin cold
    * If not, replace the fast idle valve and retest
    4) Warm up the engine (cooling fans come on twice)
    5) Check that the valve is completely closed. If not, air suction can be felt (by putting your hand over the top) in the valve seat area.
    * If any suction is felt, the valve is leaking. Replace the fast idle valve and recheck

To help out even further, if you having a surging problem there is a ring around the air bypass valve. turnit to the left to stop the surging.

Thanks
    Anton
    1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled
    2)92 Accord Ex - I/E and loving the sound.
    3)89 Integra Lx - loving the new old-school.

ITS NOT HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE, ITS HOW MUCH POWER YOUR HORSES CAN MAKE
    Now serving the Red, White and Blue under the U.S.A.F
    Now Working at.......Dyess AFB

Here below is a picture of the intake manifold for the h series motor. I beleive the mainfold has the same characteristics for the f22 and f20 motors. If there is a difference, please pm me and i will post different. The fast idle valve is refered to #13 in the picture
    1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled

Comment

that would bring it to normal idleing right? even if its warming up?

Comment

Originally posted by elositocandela
        that would bring it to normal idleing right? even if its warming up?
        yes once it closes, the idle will start dropping to around 800 which the stock idle should be set at.

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
          lets not forget to check vacuum lines for leaks, pcv line, and coolant level as well, as these are all things that lead to funky idle in our cars
          very true, but checking this first breaks downs on what it could be.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBzzMn
            Replace the fast idle valve and recheck
            Whoa, whoa, whoa.....that valve is expensive and before anyone goes out to buy a new valve try to tighten it first. Open up the top of the valve and put a screwdriver into one of the cuts on either side of the valve and turn it clockwise in order to see if its loose. It should be tight. I used two screwdrivers- one in each cut and turned them both at the same time.
            Attached Files

Comment

thanks i should check it one of these days

Comment

thanks. this is exactly what i need.

Comment

Originally posted by arctichonda
                  Whoa, whoa, whoa.....that valve is expensive and before anyone goes out to buy a new valve try to tighten it first. Open up the top of the valve and put a screwdriver into one of the cuts on either side of the valve and turn it clockwise in order to see if its loose. It should be tight. I used two screwdrivers- one in each cut and turned them both at the same time.
                  just like he said....thats how i fixed mine!
                  Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                  -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

I just tried it and it worked thanks

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    UPDATED NEW PICS!!!

Comment

ya i jus t dis he fast idle valve thing an it worked out great white cap was loose like a bitch n i tightined it shyt an it work saved me money now i can get my clutch!

thx alot man!

Comment

What happens if I have a Skunk2 Intake manifold and a Holley throttle body?? I don't even have a fast idle valve.

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

Great idea posting the pics, because it should solve the problem for most, but this fix doesn't work for everyone. Last winter, I had to replace the IAC valve (Group 15 on the F-series intake diagram) to fix my idling problem. THAT is the expesive one to replace - $240 for the part at the dealer. The FICV is around $70. I know because I replaced the FICV first, and it didn't make the problem go away.

So, if anyone is pulling their hair out because adjusting or replacing the FICV doesn't eliminate their idling problem, and cleaning the IACV has no effect, they might need to replace the IACV, assuming no other vacuum leaks are present. AND, the only way to be sure the IACV or FICV replacement you get is going to work (and work for years) is to buy NEW, not used. Do it right the first time.

Comment

i have the same problem and i checked everything and nothing is working

Comment

idle drop when A/C kick on

or should I say when the compressor kicks on....N/E clue what controls the idle speed when A/C kicks on?? how to fix??

TIA

scocar

Comment

Working...
                              X