Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

turbo engine Qs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo engine Qs

im plannin a turbo engine for my 92 accord. theres my 2 options

1. f22a6 w/ a h23a1 head
    2. f22b dohc

whats a better set up? would the h23 head have problems blowing headgaskets bc they werent made to be together? i plan to run a t3/t4 turbo and 10psi min.

f22b dohc, odds are it will have lower miles than the f22a6, however, if the a6 is in good shape, just boost it, don't mess around with the h23 head swap until you decide to build, and go for more than 10psi. L8r
    Turbo H23a3 build has begun
    01-01-2019

Comment

the f22a6 has 194k on it. but wouldnt the h23 head have aalot better flow?

Comment

194k is a lot of miles to be boosting. I think it would be easier to just get the F22B, that way you will also have a lower mileage bottom end. The cost to do the H23 on the f22 is probably the same as the f22b motor.

If you decide to go turbo, concentrate on fuel and tuning. Detonation is what destroy engines. Tuning is very important.

Comment

well i wasnt going to use the f22a6 thats in my accord now. i found the head and turbo mani real cheap and i was going to get a f22a4 that had i think 80k-ish miles to build. id kinda like to build the head vs buy a jdm and boost. but i was also lookin for most hp and tq

Comment

A turbo manifold for an f22a will also fit the h23a1 and f22b Dohc's, they all have the same port design.

You'd be best off just boosting an f22b dohc, no building hybrid motors (Even though there simple) and would have lower mileage, delivered to your door for about 750.00

L8r
            01-01-2019

Comment

true just wanted to have one of those " yeah i built that" things.

different idea, what can be done to a f22a to be able to gain strength and more hp? can u get turbo cams for a f22b dohc? my goal is 300whp

Comment

Delta has their regrinds for the f22b dohc, the 260-272-282 and custom, crower makes there turbo cams and other companies can also do custom grinds.

If I were you, I would still buy a f22b dohc, some delta 260's, maybe some 272's (but that will move the power band up a good bit) do a full tune up on the f22b, mill the head just a bit and use a factory headgasket with some arp studs, gasket match the ports and manifolds, and maybe pay someone to do a minor port/polish if you like and 300whp should be attainable near 11psi, maybe less.

L8r
                01-01-2019

Comment

how much psi can the stock internals take?

Comment

I was going to take mine to 12psi, but never got the chance, I ran it out of gas in the top of 4th going down the track ran lean and melted some pistons.

I made 280whp on my final tune with my h23, with the delta 260's at 9.5 psi, and still had plenty left in it. I made over 280whp on one pass but we thought we heard a bit of detonation and pulled a bit of timing. My turbo kit is about average, maybe a bit better, with my h23 having 175k miles on it at the time.

I wanted 325whp on a stock block, near 12psi. 10.5 psi should have made the 300 mark.

L8r
                    01-01-2019

Comment

boost the f22a the block is strong enough put some block retainers in and booost it like 10psi and ull be fine

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

i know i bet i can find this on the site, but what internal upgrades can u do to handle boost better? i want to over build bc its a daily driver

Comment

Working...
                        X