Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

$700 for Motor Mount Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$700 for Motor Mount Work

I went to my local shop to see what they would charge for putting in some new motor mounts because all 5 of them have gone to shit and are dry rotted. They said with all the mounts and labor charges it would be a frickin' $700 job.

I was wondering where the locations are for the motor mounts in the car because I honestly have no idea. I have some friends that might be able to do it for me, or maybe even myself. I have a 1992 LX.

Thanks for the help!

wait 5? am i dumb today or something cause i thought there was only 3 motor mounts and a tranny mount, making 4 in total.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
      wait 5? am i dumb today or something cause i thought there was only 3 motor mounts and a tranny mount, making 4 in total.
      See, I know nothing about the mounts. I could have sworn they had said 5 and a few of friends say there is probably five in there

Comment

Do not pay that!! I repeat do not pay that. Damn man hope you don't take your car to that garage too often, or else you'd be broke

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

5? now that i have never heard of...

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

I'll do it for half that

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

buy a new cb7 accord but ya arent there 4 motor mounts get a alldata print out it should come in handy

4 door ex-l

Comment

There are 4. The hardest one out of all 4 is the rear mount. There is a DIY on here and that will help you out. The side mounts you will need a jack to kinda help you support the motor while you take the old ones out and put the new ones in. THe front really doesnt need to be jacked UNLESS its tore up bad.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                  There are 4. The hardest one out of all 4 is the rear mount. There is a DIY on here and that will help you out. The side mounts you will need a jack to kinda help you support the motor while you take the old ones out and put the new ones in. THe front really doesnt need to be jacked UNLESS its tore up bad.
                  Thanks for that DIY suggestion. I found the page on the rear motor mount, is there by chance one on the other mounts? I searched and didn't really come up with anything

Comment

in all honesty you can see the other ones. just put a jack under the motor with like a flat peice of wood so you dont puncture your oil pan and take the weight off the mount ... then replace it. use good tools so you dont strip anything. chances are those bolts have never been turned in 15 years.
                    I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

the rear was 200$ on mine the front was 130$ labour for front was 50$ at a garage labour for rear was 80$ with a friend. thats almost 500 there just for front and back. I got mad ripped off on the front one even though its a premium brand

My Members Ride Page

Comment

A Haynes manual goes a long way for $16.

You can also opt for filling your mounts with Uretheane.

Mounts = Free
                        Haynes Manual = $16
                        Urethane = $28
                        Total = $43
                        Peace of mind = Priceless

Just look for the DIY.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

yeah that rear mount is a real pain in the ass but 700 bucks is pretty expensive unless that includes all new mounts, I know the mount prices are pretty spendy if your getting good shit. Peace

Keep an Eye on my Coupe. Click the Pic

Comment

$700 is crazy!!
                            Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                            -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Depending on what type of car it is $700 isn't bad especially if you include labor.

The rear mount on an auto is $200-$350 just for that one mount alone.

The others run $50 or more a peice.

3 of the 4 are pretty straight foward to replace, but the back on is a bitch.

Normally, the intake manifold has to come off to get to it.

Of course those prices are for Honda mounts, as opposed to crappy ones that will only last for 6 months.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X