Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Building the bottom end for turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building the bottom end for turbo

im thinking about turbo'ing my f22a6 motor...i want to make it somewhat turbo ready...meaning that i want it to handle about 12psi daily...i kno i have to rebuild the block, but does any body have any tips and/or suggest on wat i should go about building the block and wat engine parts they recommend...im also open to any other suggestions on preping my car for a turbo setup...
    my spending limit is about 600 dollars on the engine...is that ok or am i just wasting my time...?

edit: 8psi daily

EDIT EDIT: im gonna run 15psi daily and its carved in stone...just gotta get a good tune...

theres alot of bs on this thread with ppl going off topic and sht...but wat eva the case...if read through this thread you might find some very helpful info about the built f22 turbo process...and if knowledgable...you will see some of my ignorance at the beginning of this thread but in time u will see my progression of the turbo build...

Parts List:

9.0 Wiseco Forged Pistons
    H-beam Cat Rods
    GT3271 Garrett Turbo
    Turbo Manifold
    ACT Heavy Duty Clutch Kit
    255LPH Walbro Fuel Pump
    AEM Fuel Rail
    H23 Intake Manifold
    ARP Head Studs
    Full Gasket Set
    Waterpump
    Timing Belt Kit
    Alternator Belt
    Crankshaft Dampner

Questions about Building the Block: page 1-5
    Pulling the motor out and the Turbo Build Process: page 6...
    PICS: page 6 and 7
    Last edited by jyoungblood87; 08-30-2007, 05:58 AM.
    A wise man sees failure as progress...

Its a stout block as is and 600 isnt going to get you far. The only thing internal wise I would upgrade are forged rods/pistons after that basic headwork and whatever turbo combo you decide to go with. With a tune you should be able to run 10psi daily. I think there was someone on here running 12psi daily forgot his sn. But it is all in the tune.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

if you have to buy one thing for your bottom end for 600 bux, i say forged pistons and arp headstuds.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

anybody have any suggestions on where i should get the forged pistons from and wat kinds...?

Comment

bump

Comment

Try searching in the Forced INduction forum I see quite a bit of people post up links for pistons and such.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

shit, good luck finding quality forged pistons under 500 shipped.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

ok thx...

Comment

8psi daily doesn't really require a built bottom end, as long as you tune properly and use quality turbo parts (DO NOT cheap out on that wastegate! A brand new quality external one would be smart). Use a t3/t04 turbo, rather than the more commonly used 14b, as the 14b is fairly small for our motors (made for a 2.0L). Smaller turbos create more heat, and heat kills engines.

10psi is possible, 12 may even be doable... but you're pushing it then. You'd need a healty motor and a good tune to pull that off unbuilt.

If you build, plan on 14psi+ It's a waste of money otherwise!

www.raceeng.com has decent prices and a nice selection of rods and pistons.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    8psi daily doesn't really require a built bottom end, as long as you tune properly and use quality turbo parts (DO NOT cheap out on that wastegate! A brand new quality external one would be smart). Use a t3/t04 turbo, rather than the more commonly used 14b, as the 14b is fairly small for our motors (made for a 2.0L). Smaller turbos create more heat, and heat kills engines.

10psi is possible, 12 may even be doable... but you're pushing it then. You'd need a healty motor and a good tune to pull that off unbuilt.

If you build, plan on 14psi+ It's a waste of money otherwise!

www.raceeng.com has decent prices and a nice selection of rods and pistons.

agreed!

the F22 is a stout block, cast iron sleeved, forged rods and crank stock! if youre going low budget and want to run 12 just do new rod bearings, arp head studs, and spend the rest on TUNING once you have a safe tune you can run 12psi daily... you can even get a good head gasket thats slightly thicker to drop your compression... remember the f22 isnt a b16, it doesnt rev very high, and a smaller turbo (no smaller then a 14b) will be right in the efficiency range of the motor... do the project right, and you wont blow it... do it wrong and you will be building a 30psi monster...
                    I need NOS... give me one of these... make it 2... oh and hairy... i need it by tonight!

Comment

In my opinion there is no need to really upgrade the bottom end of the motor. I am running a similar build now i have an F22a6 now with a t3/t4 hybrid turbo and running a daily 10psi on stock internals. As long as you have a safe tune on the engine you should be good with having stock internals.

Unless you want to run the boost up in the future then it would be a good idea to build the bottom end of the block. Plus you probably wouldnt find anything good for $600 shipped for the bottom end of your motor. Instead save that money and put it to another use on the build like a big turbo hehe .

That is my 2 sense.

GOT BOOST???

massive part out on accord almost everything is going

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125294

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                        if you have to buy one thing for your bottom end for 600 bux, i say forged pistons and arp headstuds.
                        I concur thats what im doing but im going for 8-9psi maybe 10 if i feel brave

Comment

Originally posted by capman86
                          I concur thats what im doing but im going for 8-9psi maybe 10 if i feel brave
                          Like i said i am running 10 on stock internals and no problems because the tune is good. If you wnat the most power have the head port matched and get a cam and new valve springs

GOT BOOST???

Comment

10 is probably the safe, sensible limit for someone that knows a bit about tuning. I wouldn't risk more than that, simply because the motors are so old. If you did a FULL stock rebuild, 12psi daily would probably be safe.

If 8-10psi is all you want, just spend your money on a t3/t4 turbo and a good wastegate. Then be VERY meticulous tuning it! A properly sized turbo will keep heat levels to a managable level, and a good tune will make things safe. You may still have issues, but be prepared and you shouldn't blow the motor... at least not for a while! If you do, just save up while you're driving it so you can afford to build it when it does blow!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              10 is probably the safe, sensible limit for someone that knows a bit about tuning. I wouldn't risk more than that, simply because the motors are so old. If you did a FULL stock rebuild, 12psi daily would probably be safe.

If 8-10psi is all you want, just spend your money on a t3/t4 turbo and a good wastegate. Then be VERY meticulous tuning it! A properly sized turbo will keep heat levels to a managable level, and a good tune will make things safe. You may still have issues, but be prepared and you shouldn't blow the motor... at least not for a while! If you do, just save up while you're driving it so you can afford to build it when it does blow!
                              What you said is very helpful to others and even to me thank you deevergote. i was wondering then i am running a t3/t4 with a good tial wg and 10 psi daily is that safe on stock block i think i am pushing around 275hp or so.

GOT BOOST???

Comment

Working...
                              X