Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Difference in radiator cap pressure rating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference in radiator cap pressure rating?

Hey, the other day i was at the junkyard in the area and spotted a jdm radiator cap (least i think it is...sticker/stamp and everything). looks kinda nice. i'd like to be able to use it, but i know its not like slapping on jdm sidemarkers or w/e...and wasnt until i got home i noticed the pressure ratings were different

whats the technical difference?
    ::correct me if im wrong:: its probably a bad idea switch from a car designed to use lower pressure rating to a higher rating and vice versa (cuz ull probably leak fluids, not properly releasing/etc, causing more problems). im not gonna fuck w/it just cuz it has a jdm sticker or w/e, but just curious --

which cars/motors of ours used which cap rating?

i think i pulled it off a 92/93 cb...didnt pay attention to anything else...

...mines a '93 ex stock A6? maybe ill find someone who wants/could use it

Member's Ride Thread | DMV Summer Meet 2011
    Q: Why is your pants around your ankles? Answer

2 cents. . . I used a ka24de rad cap for a dc2 teg b/c no other ones fit. :shrugs:

Comment

I know there are members on here that could get really technical w/ this, but basically when you raise the pressure in the cooling system, that then will also raise the coolant's boiling point (more efficient). The stock cap is 1.1kg/cm2 and I'm not sure what that is in psi. The Mugen, Buddy Club, Skunk 2, etc rad. caps are 1.3kg/cm2 and I haven't calculated but I've read that it wouldn't make much of a difference as compared to let's say a lower temp t-stat, fan switch, or even redline water wetter.

So if it's got a higher pressure rating than what you've got now, use it! And if you're looking to make your motor run slightly cooler, there are other very effective things you can do to achieve that

Comment

1. Using higher pressure radiator cap will not harm your car.

2. Every honda I've ever owned had a radiator cap w/ japanese writing on it stock.
        Post count is not = to experience rating

F22B DOHC

Comment

higher pressure, raises the coolants boiling point. so its better for you in a way.

I just want a nicer bling rad and oil cap.
          1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
          ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
          OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Comment

stock pressure for the cap i believe is 13lbs or psi i believe.

i am currently using a 16 lbs or psi cap on my car. since it gets pretty hot down here in the summer it help the coolant like stated about to have a higher boiling point.
            Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
              stock pressure for the cap i believe is 13lbs or psi i believe.

i am currently using a 16 lbs or psi cap on my car. since it gets pretty hot down here in the summer it help the coolant like stated about to have a higher boiling point.

yea its getting hot out here I have a spoon sports rad cap, it keeps me temp colder, and it made my brittile heter hoses blow all in all their good for the engine

Comment

redline is the best right ? on that honda tuning test correct? Hey does Honda tunning have a cd rom like super street?

Comment

the cap i picked up is lower pressure rating than the one on my car. oh well...i got it for free so whatever. it just looked good, different than my other two CBs

Member's Ride Thread | DMV Summer Meet 2011
                  Q: Why is your pants around your ankles? Answer

Comment

Working...
                  X