Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

getting a cb7..that doesn't start..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting a cb7..that doesn't start..

im buying a cb7 93 model for $150 bucks from this dude he knows a little about mechanics but he doesn't know what's wrong
    but he doesn't need it so he's selling it

i really trust this guy so yeah

he told me something is wrong probally electrical who knows

something doesn't pass electricity to the fuel pump

cuz he test the fuel pump and it works

tested alternator
    tested ignition
    tested distributor
    tested ecu thing under carpet on passengers side
    tested main fuel relay
    tested like almost everything

and it still doesn't start

it cranks but won't start anyone know what's wrong

btw all fuses are in working condition and all lights and windows work

so yeah who knows

im buying the car cuz it's flawless and everything is complete in the car
    nothing missing no dings nothing

it's a lx 5 speed

if i can fix this it would be awesome

but yeah

anyone know what can be wrong

thanks

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

check the fule relay switch ...might need to be replaced its aboput $60 or you can try and sader it yourself...

Comment

Grab it thats a still. Do you have any mechanics in your family that can look at it. Did you look at the fuel injectors, it soulds like something electrical though.

Comment

fule relay is electricl... and @ most Honda drelerships its $60 some are a lil mor and some are a lil less..depends on were you look..but you can also finda a guide online that showas you how to sadrer it ....

Comment

try to post a video while trying to start her

check the spark plugs and timing

don't go cazy jumping to ideas start simple compression check her first

4 door ex-l

Comment

i had a problem like this with a cheap car and it turned out to be simple i think. let me see if i can dig up the old thread

EDIT:

couldn't find the thread. i remember it was just like what you mentioned, and i even replaced the fuel pump, traced wires, etc.

and i have no clue what it ended up being. it was simple and ridiculous though.
            Last edited by rickyduckworth; 09-17-2007, 11:32 PM.
            ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

the main fuel relay works

we put the one from my honda on and it doesn't work

the sparks plugs and wires are new

he put them on like 2 months ago

Comment

The Fuel pump works

He connected it to the battery and it sends fuel through hose

you know how you turn the key and the fuel pump send the fuel to the engine ..etc

it doesn't do that

you hear no noise that indicates fuel pump working but fuel pump works

and main fuel relay thing works too

so yeah ?

any ideas

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris
                  The Fuel pump works

He connected it to the battery and it sends fuel through hose

you know how you turn the key and the fuel pump send the fuel to the engine ..etc

it doesn't do that

you hear no noise that indicates fuel pump working but fuel pump works

and main fuel relay thing works too

so yeah ?

any ideas
                  i'm gonna rack my brain and try to figure out what my problem was. it was just like your's and turned out to be simple after i had done basically everything else.

i remember tracing wires between the pump and ecu. try swapping ecus and seeing what it does.

Comment

yea im giving him my laptop

he said if i want it by tommorow morning
                    because he has alot of cars and he was gonna take that one to the
                    junkyard and sell because he has alot of cars and he doesn't want to spend any more money on it

so he told me if i wanted it for parts or repair it

plus he doesn't have the time to fix it either

i'll post pics tommorow

asap

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                      i'm gonna rack my brain and try to figure out what my problem was. it was just like your's and turned out to be simple after i had done basically everything else.

i remember tracing wires between the pump and ecu. try swapping ecus and seeing what it does.

He actually bought a replacement one at autozone and he put it on and still didn't start

but he returned it knowing that the ecu is good

Comment

He actually bought a replacement one at autozone and he put it on and still didn't start

but he returned it knowing that the ecu is good
                        there is some reason your fuel pump isn't getting power. could be wiring or the ignition switch.

you're also going on a lot of what he tells you he's done. no offense, but sometimes people lie. i'd check everything over again MYSELF and then go from there.

try your ecu and try to manually get the pump to kick on so that you KNOW the fuel pump and ecu are good.

Comment

well i kinda believe him

because i was with him when he was doing most of it

cuz he lives a few houses down

we got the fuel pump to tick

he changed ecus

because he showed me the new one

but he returned it

i don't even know where the ignition or nothing like that is

so yeah

i cranks but doesn't come one

alternator works batt. works lights come on perfectly
                          ecus working fuel relay working ignition is suppose to be working he checked it i wasn't there

ugh i have no clue

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                            there is some reason your fuel pump isn't getting power. could be wiring or the ignition switch.

you're also going on a lot of what he tells you he's done. no offense, but sometimes people lie. i'd check everything over again MYSELF and then go from there.

try your ecu and try to manually get the pump to kick on so that you KNOW the fuel pump and ecu are good.
                            how would you try to manually get the pump to kick in anyways?

the way we did it was like connecting these wires to the batt and check in front where the gas is suppose to come from and the fuel is delivered to the engine in front

but just by turning the key it won't crank

Comment

well i kinda believe him

because i was with him when he was doing most of it

cuz he lives a few houses down

we got the fuel pump to tick

he changed ecus

because he showed me the new one

but he returned it

i don't even know where the ignition or nothing like that is

so yeah

i cranks but doesn't come one

alternator works batt. works lights come on perfectly
                              ecus working fuel relay working ignition is suppose to be working he checked it i wasn't there

ugh i have no clue
                              well i wasn't there so i only know what you tell me, but if i didn't check it myself, i'd not consider it checked at all.

just start with the basics.

if the fuel pump isn't kicking on/priming when the key goes into the "ON" position, then you normally check the relay. if that's ok, then you wanna check the ALL the fuses. pull them and look at them, or check both posts.

then you wanna check the grounds on the engine (on the thermostat housing and from the valve cover to the frame on the driver's front, and just look around in the engine bay for disconnected wires).

then the ECU since you can simply swap it really quick and see what happens.

then you wanna check the fuel pump itself, which isnt' so much fun.

you can actually find a diagram and check the wires under the dash that come from the pump. that's probably easier if you can locate them properly.

you're lucky that you can swap parts between cars and check it that way. not that technical but it works.

check to see if the ground wire on the thermostat is connected RIGHT THE FUCK NOW!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X