Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Neuspeed Headers ....Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neuspeed Headers ....Need help

I installed Neuspeed headers a 4 years ago and they worked out great. Chosed them because they are C.A.R.B. legal and don't have to worry about smoging the car. Anyway I recently took the car in to the shop to do a bunch of maintanace and they hooked me up with an engine cleaning and the engine bay has never looked better. Unfornatelly they spray painted over my ceramic coated headers to make them look new again. And covered the welded on C.A.R.B. tab and I can't read the number. Tried paint remover and sanding but we cant see the number anymore.

The question is: Can anyone help me out with the C.A.R.B. # for 90-93 Accord Neuspeed headers?

The car has been sitting around for two months because the tags have expired and the smog will not pass the car with out being able to enter the C.A.R.B. number. Please help
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tishock; 09-29-2007, 01:08 PM. Reason: add image

WOw what state do u live in, i never heard of typin in a smog number durin inspection, sorry im no dam help
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

California.... The Nazi of smog regulations

Comment

o ok im im PA, i jus go in and come out, and give him 70 bucks inspection and emission
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

You can call the carb people and they will give you the number, thats what a ref told me.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

You know what I totaly did not think to check for a CARB website. The following link allows you to check a CARB numbers or search by manufacturer. Unfortunately I think Neuspeed stop making headers and so is not listed on there approved parts database anymore. The link is to a specific place in the State of California website

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php

If it has not been done already, this link should be placed in a more appropiate place. The smog guy that I went to told me he just needs a number to enter in to computer. I will try using a number from a DC sport header for the 90-93 accord. I will update Tuesday after going to smog place again.
            Last edited by Tishock; 09-29-2007, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Try using a Propane or Mapp gas torch and try burning the paint off and use a stiff steel brush to scuff the paint off. Try the Mapp gas, it burns hotter than Propane.

Comment

FYI - I forgot to update this

I ended up buying a set of number and letter punch set. By looking on the CARB website I found out the CARB number for DC Sport headers for the CB7. Went ahead and punched in the new numbers. Went to the smog station and they entered the numbers no questions asked.

So this leads me to believe that if you go to a local muffler shop and have them weld on a small tab on your headers (if not CARB legal). Just punch in the DC Sport header number and you'll be set. There you have it now, smog legal headers.

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
                  FYI - I forgot to update this

I ended up buying a set of number and letter punch set. By looking on the CARB website I found out the CARB number for DC Sport headers for the CB7. Went ahead and punched in the new numbers. Went to the smog station and they entered the numbers no questions asked.

So this leads me to believe that if you go to a local muffler shop and have them weld on a small tab on your headers (if not CARB legal). Just punch in the DC Sport header number and you'll be set. There you have it now, smog legal headers.
                  I love it! You just "legalized" all headers for CA residents!

Comment

also commited fraud in the eyes of the government....
                    go you. stick it to the man....^^^^^

Comment

Just about every tuner does it, unfortunately. Oddly enough, I actually meant my statement as a compliment. No sarcasm there!

Comment

i think they only check your carb no. when you get a ticket and send to smog referee. (CA) i hate this state.lol... but the way you did it is bad ass... nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Just about every tuner does it, unfortunately. Oddly enough, I actually meant my statement as a compliment. No sarcasm there!
                          hahahaha

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
                          1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
                          1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

Working...
                          X