Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to make 30+hp for $500 or less... (DX/LX F22A1 only)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
    there is a video thread where the dude did this and ran it inside his car to diminstrate when they kick on. i dunno where it is though.

I made that thread:

IAB controller link

In summary: hooking the IAB directly to a vacuum source will hurt your bottom end significantly, it's very important to have an ECU that can ground out the IAB switch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892
      so like i think i just fell in love with my f22a4...
      i just need a diff intake mani. throtal body. cam. something else and ehaust. which im getting soon.. just gotta save 50 $ more
      headers is what you are thinking about and you don't need headers unless you go aftermarket cause your car already has it... i suggest you get your throttle body bored out i am getting it done for the h22 when i get some money also building an intake for it soon so it will really scream when i take it to 7800 rpms... 87mm t/b will probably make some horsepower... i don't think you will make that much power on what you want to put on... oh, and don't just jump into an h series intake mani till you are sure the iac valve plugs match up i don't have mine off yet to test for you but yeah... i'm tired now going to bed btw call me when you have time to hang out during the day pref. on a wednesday cause i want to take you for a ride in the h22 sometime...
      back to do it again... no flipping of accords this time!!!

Hit me up with techy questions if i don't have an answer i can get an answer...

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
        Different design than which?

The A6 is also 4-2-1, and in at least some cases, the downpipes are identical.
        Lol no that is straight wrong
        A1 and A6 both use the Cast Iron 4-1 with the O2 being directly connected to the manifold.
        A4 uses the tubular steel 4-2-1 design, O2 being connected at 2-1

90-91 Accord EX have F22A4
        91 SE had A6, it MAY have had the A4 header/downpipe as well, most likely not

If you have seen it on an 92-93 A6, it has been added period.
        Downpipes are NOT identical, identical in length only, they bolt up the cat the same however
        A4 has 2 inlets, A1 has 1 inlet
        A1 and A4 are not interchangable
        A1/A6 are the SAME

An A4 header/downpipe combo is an upgrade over your Stock A1/A6 header/downpipe. Same exact performance as a DC Header, plus its smog legal OEM.

There is a possibility that the bolt holes for the downpipe are not drilled the same on the A4 and the A6.

I have seen some A6 downpipes bolt up to the A4 upper manifold, but Fizzbob says he has seen some that don't.

The easiest way to avoid that problem would be to make sure you get the whole thing from the same car, or double check the patterns before you buy.
        You are on crack LOL!
        A1 and A6 are interchangable!
        A4 (if its an original A4 header mind you) is the only different header, fits no others
        Need Pictures?
        A1/A6

A4
        Last edited by CB7Man; 01-02-2008, 09:11 AM.
        Your man for wiring solutions!
        CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
        CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

my a4 header looks a bit bigger then that a4's.
          Originally posted by CB7Man
          A1 and A6 both use the Cast Iron 4-1 with the O2 being directly connected to the manifold.

Downpipes are NOT identical, identical in length only, they bolt up the cat the same however
          A1/A6 are the SAME

An A4 header/downpipe combo is an upgrade over your Stock A1/A6 header/downpipe. Same exact performance as a DC Header, plus its smog legal OEM.

You are on crack LOL!
          A4 (if its an original A4 header mind you) is the only different header, fits no others
          Need Pictures?
          A1/A6

A4

1994 Accord Coupe LX BPU
          1991 Galant VR4 #1395/2000 Sold
          1990 Accord EX 4DR Sold
          1990 Galant Base Model junked it
          1991 Accord EX 4DR gave away

Comment

lol no you are straight wrong, a6 is a cast 4-2-1, I have one, and it's not an a4

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

WOW mine is cracked in the same exact spot
              wat?

Comment

The A6 is a 4-2-1, as pictured. It is not, however, a tubular design... which makes some difference.

There has been NO PROOF than the A4 header is as good as or better than the DC Sports design. However, the DC design is fairly expensive in comparison. Aside from the Bisimoto header that should be released soon, there are no F22A headers that give significant power increases. The A4 header, then, is the best choice for people on a budget. A $25 junkyard piece that gives roughly 5hp (crank, not wheel) over an F22A1 manifold is MUCH better than $250 for a DC Sports header that gives MAYBE 8hp... or $100 for a cheaper knockoff that gives maybe 6hp.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7

WOW mine is cracked in the same exact spot
                  So did mine, I think most a1's get a crack there after a while, then it starts getting loud

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                  where you been, is something wrong?
                  i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

hey hey heres a doozie ive been working on this swap for a bit now and i have the a6 ecu in and the cam from the a6 installed sucsesfully.but heres the thing i ran all the tests before installing the a6 i/m so i ran pink 2 pin#17 and black/yellow 2 same on distributer the valves seemed to be woking but they wouldint release.so heres the doozie i noticed a nob looking thingy and so i started turning it and it broke off well my valves then opened and stayed open and the thingy that broke off looks like some kind of pressure relief hmmm not 2 sure if the switch even works but when i plug the niple that the nob thing was on the valves close take my finger off and they open does any1 know what this nob thing is and if theres a way to fix this prob.

Comment

Ummm .. why is'nt this a stickie yet?

A Hui Hou !!!
                      Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                        So did mine, I think most a1's get a crack there after a while, then it starts getting loud

i saw an A1 header at the pnp that had a crack in the same area also.

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda

A Hui Hou !!!
                          Tomi
                          x2

This is really valuable information
                          Click Here To Check Out My Ride
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137030

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man

A1/A6 are the SAME

You are on crack LOL!
                            Need Pictures?
                            A1/A6

A4

You might want to go actually work on a CB7 and check your facts.

1) The F22A1 had a 4-1 design that dumped into a single downpipe just after it passed the bottom of the head. These manifolds are easily identifiable by the O2 sensor that is right in front when you open the hood.

This engine can be found in 1990 and 1991 DX and LX trim level Accords.

**In 1992 this engine became known as the F22A4 when the EX was upgraded to the F22A6. The F22A1 became a designation for the engine in the 1992-1996 Prelude S.

2) The F22A4 had a tubular 4-2-1 design that was very similar to many aftermarket headers. It was made of double walled welded tubular steel on both the top half of the manifold, and the bottom half, or "downpipe."

When the DX/LX engine became the F22A4 in 1992, it retained the 4-1 cast piece from the 1990-1991 F22A1.

3) The F22A6 has an exhaust manifold that is EXACTLY the same as the F22A4, from the 1990-1991 EX in principle. It is a 4-2-1 design, just the same as the 1990-1991 EX. The only difference is that the upper part was cast like the DX/LX part, and no longer featured double walled tubular welded construction.

The downpipe on the F22A6 was still 2-1 and it was still welded tubular steel. I know, because I have seen many.

4) I have personally removed and bolted F22A4 upper, and F22A6 lower halves together. I have not had a problem.

Fizzbob has said that he has, because even though the downpipes are identical overall, he said the bolt pattern that joins the two halfs together was different. That is why I made my comment. "Caveat Emptor."

5) The 1991 SE also had an F22A6, and it was also a 4-2-1 design. Everyone I have actually seen was a welded tubular design just like the 1990-1991 F22A4, so I imagine that you would find a cast upper half on the 1993 SE since that is what was also going on the F22A6 in the 1993 Accord EX.

I think YOU need to check YOUR facts, probably before you come on here telling people they are on crack, when in fact YOU are the one with YOUR facts crooked.

Unless of course, you want to prove me wrong. And, oh by the way, showing a picture of the upper half of an A1 manifold proves nothing.

It should also be noted that due to the double wall design of the stock F22A4/A6 lower half, that the actual collector diameter is about 1.75" ID, whereas the DC Sports and other copy-cat headers (Megan, OBX, etc.) is 2", so in addition to better collector design, there is most likely a slight flow increase on an aftermarket header design.

However, the stock piece will be much stronger, more durable, quieter, will fit better, etc.
                            Last edited by owequitit; 01-03-2008, 12:39 AM.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

**In 1992 this engine became known as the F22A4 when the EX was upgraded to the F22A6. The F22A1 became a designation for the engine in the 1992-1996 Prelude S.

When the DX/LX engine became the F22A4 in 1992, it retained the 4-1 cast piece from the 1990-1991 F22A1.
                              I don`t know if i read this wrong, but i thought f22a4's were only in 90-91 ex's?

both of my 92 lx's have/had f22a1's in them.

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda

A Hui Hou !!!
                                Tomi
                                Because NOBODY reads the stickies. Ever. Trust me on this one...

And Scott, I'll have to disagree with your claim that the F22A4 was in the 92-93 LX/DX... the F22A4 designation ended in 91. I've worked on quite a few 92-93 LX/DX models, and even owned 2 myself... all had F22A1s.

I'll have to check out the manifold on a 91 SE... I never even considered that it would be tubular... that has me curious!

Comment

Working...
                                X