Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to make 30+hp for $500 or less... (DX/LX F22A1 only)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deevergote
    replied
    There are no Skunk2 or OBX manifolds for the H23 or F22 (as far as I know)

But yes, the H23 manifold ONLY bolts up with no mods to the metal. Wiring for the IABs (on an F22A1 or F22A4) and some other minor things have to be done... but nothing that an amateur with a little patience and common sense couldn't figure out.

The H22 manifold is not the same as the H23 manifold, and it will not bolt up to the F22A head. The only part of the H22 manifold that will fit either the F22A6 manifold or H23 manifold is the plenum... That is identical to the H23's plenum.

Leave a comment:

• liljohn92lx
    replied
    Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
    H23A1 intake manifold and throttle body (from a Prelude SI, 92-96 I believe)
    so the h23a IM will bolt right up to the head with no mods? also if you have a little extra cash is it worth getting an aftermarket IM like skunk2 or obx. havent herd alot about people going aftermarket just trying to see if anyone has tryed?

Leave a comment:

• dlatino
    replied
    whats the price range for a h22 ?

Leave a comment:

• djcaz_aom
    replied
    I'm thinking the 4th Gen prelude will work, but not for sure. It would be nice to know.

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    I have not heard anything more on that, no. It would still be a useful bit of info to have!

Leave a comment:

• djcaz_aom
    replied
    Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
    Now... would an H series bottom half bolt up to an F series upper half? For that to even matter, are the H series collectors larger? If this would work, it'd be easy enough to snag an H lower half... anytime someone gets an aftermarket header on their H motor! Scott, you'll probably know the answer to that one, so I'll leave it hanging without making any more assumptions
    Deev: You made this comment 11-1-2007, has anyone verified this yet?!!!???

I guess no one read that part. I know the collector is larger. I'm thinking the down pipe from a 4th Gen prelude.

Leave a comment:

• C91BLX7
    replied
    Make sure that its an O2 code and that your wire is good, I'm pretty sure the A1 sensor is heated.

Leave a comment:

• 90ACCORDLXGUY
    replied
    Alright I just put my A4 exhaust manifold on yesterday. My problem is that now my check engine light is on. I am using the F22A1 O2 sensor with an extension made by me just like cpmike's extender. The car runs fine, the light is just on. I was thinking since I am using the A1 sensor that it isn't getting hot enough now to read so the car is thinking something is wrong.

I was wondering what I should do now?

Leave a comment:

• visualpoet
    replied
    Can someone sticky this? Makes it easier to find for newbies and fogeys alike!

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    The upper part of the H22 and H23 intake manifold, as well as the throttle body, are the same. The lower part of the H22 manifold won't bolt on.

Leave a comment:

• 915_CB7
    replied
    Noob question, is the H-22 and H-23 Manifold the same. Can the H-22 work on the F-22A head.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow1
    replied
    Originally posted by bmxfelon420
    as for the intake mani, is it fine to just not plug all those actuators and junk in and just unscrew the butterflies off of it? I sometimes think that in that case less could be more.

those actuators open the IABs up at a certain RPM. if you dont want to plug them up just take out the IABs and gain that power up top. but you'll loose some low end torque.

Leave a comment:

• bmxfelon420
    replied
    as for the intake mani, is it fine to just not plug all those actuators and junk in and just unscrew the butterflies off of it? I sometimes think that in that case less could be more.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow1
    replied
    Originally posted by Nas92
    alright awesome...but when you did this did you mean for the parts to be on a manual or auto.

it doesnt really matter. the only difference would be in the TB. i think theres a bracket of some sort the auto has that the 5spd doesnt.

Leave a comment:

• JDMxDB8
    replied
    Originally posted by owequitit
    To put it into perspective, with these mods, including a full exhaust, my car would keep up with mild bolt on GS-Rs...with an auto.

The 15 from the cam and IM is certain. Considering that I have seen healthy F22A6's with full exhaust lay down around 130WHP, and I really don't think a gain from 125-130HP to 150 or so is unreasonable. Then, if you still don't think you are quite there, go with a blacktrax spacer and you get another 5WHP with an F22 plenum. People think I am nuts when I mention how much of a difference the H series plenum makes, until they try it.

To add futher perspective, an H22 Accord pulled just slightly on my car, at highway speeds, and I pulled quite well on a friend who has a F22B1 with 145HP + whatever his bolt ons gave him.

I wish I had dynos of this stuff, but I don't have the F22 anymore.
    I understand what you're saying. I wanna see a CB7 with an F22A1 with these mods pull on me. That would be awesome. Then again, I don't get much satisfaction from going in a straight line. I'm more of a road racer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X