Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to make 30+hp for $500 or less... (DX/LX F22A1 only)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

excellent, i think this thread should be a sticky

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

Then nobody would read it!

Honestly, aside from the F22A parts, there's not much science behind my claims. HondaFan81, who is VERY meticulous and accurate, has pointed that out to me. He's really busy, but I believe he'll soon be providing a bit more detail into bringing out the most performance for the least amount of money with the F22A.

Until then, I'm simply going on the stock numbers, and the differences between the engines. The extra airflow of the H plenum, as well as an improved intake and exhaust system, are very likely to produce more power. The reason why I have each modification limited to about 5hp at the crank is because I wanted to retain a fairly moderate claim. It may be more, it may be less.

Still, the principles are sound. None of the modifications I mentioned should require you to rev beyond the safe stock limits to make the most of the added power. Still, I have no concrete information. Just a reasonable understanding of how things work.

Comment

LOL!

I am going to bed now, but may have time to comment some tomorrow.

I am tired, and I am not judgemental on the internet, at least not in a context beyond the internet.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

y not just use the h23 ECU and bore out the h23 IM?

Comment

Don't think the whole dohc to sohc translates well in ecu's, but I'm not educated in that field

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by moe
              Do you understand what you're suggesting?

Comment

This is a very, very helpful thread.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Do you understand what you're suggesting?

i dont think he does

Originally posted by moe
                  because these mods are for the f22a motor. not the h23. the intake manifold we can use comes from the h23, but its DOHC. not SOHC. if you plug an ECU from a DOHC motor to a SOHC then you may risk messing something up. the h23 may have(someone, once again, correct me if im wrong. lol) different timing and a/f ratios.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                    i dont think he does

because these mods are for the f22a motor. not the h23. the intake manifold we can use comes from the h23, but its DOHC. not SOHC. if you plug an ECU from a DOHC motor to a SOHC then you may risk messing something up. the h23 may have(someone, once again, correct me if im wrong. lol) different timing and a/f ratios.
                    H23 ECU would be safe if not for the need for knock sensors. Peeps use the SOHC F22A ECU on the F22B DOHC all the time.

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Whats the diff in exhuast mani between the a4 and others.

The a1 is a 4-1 design, and the a6 is 4-2-1 setup, wat about the A4, shes the same as 4-2-1?? some 1 correct me plz
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                        H23 ECU would be safe if not for the need for knock sensors. Peeps use the SOHC F22A ECU on the F22B DOHC all the time.
                        this, i did not know how is it that the f22b DOHC motor can run good off of a f22a SOHC ECU?

Comment

the ecu can't tell how many cam's you're running. you can have 10 if you wanted, the ecu wouldnt know the difference.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

the f22a1 and a6 have the same headers. its the a4 that has a different set up and gives you a better gain in hp than the other 2.
                            The F22a6 header, EX, is not 4-1 shadow. its 4-2-1

Comment

the f22a1 and a6 have the same headers. its the a4 that has a different set up and gives you a better gain in hp than the other 2.

This is a 100% false statement.

The A6 and the A4 share the same basic 4-2-1 header design, but the difference is in the way they are made. The A4's are constructed out of tubular steel, much like an aftermarket header, whereas the A6's upper half is cast. The lower half is the same on both cars.

In all honesty, I think this upgrade is worth less than 5HP, because it pretty much isn't detectable at all when driving the car. I think Honda simply switched to a cheaper construction method. I also think that part of the reason may be the fact that the 1.75" collector is probably more of a restriction on a bolt on accord than the upper half of the manifold is.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                                This is a 100% false statement.

The A6 and the A4 share the same basic 4-2-1 header design, but the difference is in the way they are made. The A4's are constructed out of tubular steel, much like an aftermarket header, whereas the A6's upper half is cast. The lower half is the same on both cars.

In all honesty, I think this upgrade is worth less than 5HP, because it pretty much isn't detectable at all when driving the car. I think Honda simply switched to a cheaper construction method. I also think that part of the reason may be the fact that the 1.75" collector is probably more of a restriction on a bolt on accord than the upper half of the manifold is.
                                THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X