Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

$1250 F22b???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1250 F22b???

Well guys just found out that my rods, and rod bearings, and piston are fried and that my local Performance shop would recommend me to get the full swap of the F22b DOHC for $1250 including labor. He said the frankenstein (h23/F22ax) swap that i already had in it wouldnt put enough horspower so i was better off getting a full swap (f22b)

What do you guys think i should do???

make sure its a real F22b not a F22b1
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
      make sure its a real F22b not a F22b1
      x2

not many ppl are aware of the JDM F22B and think of the f22bs as nothing but single cam vtec f22bs...

but yea, 1250 WITH labor sounds about right if it IS the JDM F22B...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
      My Ride thread
      Flickr
      Originally posted by d112crzy
      And it can only get better. That's the best part.
      All I gotta really say is:
      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

just buy the motor around 6-700 and do your own swap.

Comment

see i was thinkin about that too, just buying the motor and doing it my self would save me a whole lot more money but im still a noob especially doing my first motor swap... still if i pay the $1250 they'll gurantee the work on the car
          ..... how much HP does the F22b DOHC and does the H series Headers fit the F22b??????

Comment

if its in good condition it should make about 138-140whp behind a 5spd with a good clutch and a little less behind an auto. everything for a f22ax will fit excluding camshafts but intake/header/cat-back/tranny/clutch/flywheel i mean everything else fits. the block is practically the same the compression is a little higher but still basically the same.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

no the h headers dont fit

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
              1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread
              Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

The engines with matching exhaust port shapes can share headers.

H22XX, F20B VTEC, H23A VTEC interchangeable.

F22AX, F20A DOHC, F20A SOHC, F22B DOHC, H23 DOHC interchangeable.

MAKE SURE!...when you do the swap:

-get new water pump
                -get new timing belt
                -get new clutch assembly
                -get new gaskets
                -get new O2 sensor
                -get new spark plugs
                Last edited by lokuputha; 12-08-2007, 01:03 AM.
                DEVOTE

Comment

so the H23 headers can fit the f22b..... why new water pump??? and new gaskets??? if the car has only 32k????

Comment

Originally posted by B20F22A1
                    so the H23 headers can fit the f22b..... why new water pump??? and new gaskets??? if the car has only 32k????
                    gyea h23 header fits the f22b, new water pump and new gaskets so you wont have to worry about it anytime soon while the motor is already out.

Comment

Goood looking Peeps

Comment

Originally posted by B20F22A1
                        why new water pump??? and new gaskets??? if the car has only 32k????
                        better be safe than sorry. its easier to the work while the engine is out of the engine bay.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                        Honda Accord Euro-R
                        Honda Odyssey Absolute
                        Honda City I-DSi
                        Honda Stream

Comment

sounds nice for $1200

make sure it's not a Bootleg Engine!

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Working...