Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Windshield Fluid Nozzles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windshield Fluid Nozzles

Is it just me or do our windshield washer fluid nozzles suck ass?

Just curious, three out of four of my squirters (not sure of the exact technical specification) don't really squirt anything out of them. Is there anything you guys have done to make them work when they get clogged?

I was thinking of retrofitting some recent model Camry nozzles onto the Accord tubes because my dad's Camry has these awesome wide dispersion nozzles that are way better than the directional ones on the Accord. Still, I think the inherent lousiness of the fluid delivery also has something to do with the age and level of wear on the fluid reservoir pump as well.

Any suggestions or things you've all done to improve our fluid delivery sytems?
    1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Mine spray too much they go over the car
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
      Mine spray too much they go over the car
      Well thats easy enough to fix, you just use a small pointy thing (i.e. sewing needle) and adjust the nozzle head til it aims at the windshield

Comment

mine were great until I changed my hood I am going to change all my plumbing
        and see if that helps
        WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

I just bought new nozzles. They cost like $7 for a pair at the Honda dealership.
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

i fixed mine jus yesterday, i went ahead and replaced the old pump and i unhooked the hose from the pump and nozzles and blew air thru it. managed to blow all the gunk out of the system, and one of the hoses from inside the fender so i had to take the fender lining apart to put the hose back on.
            to fix the nozzles i just blew brake parts cleaner thru the inside. and it cleared up the remainder of the gunk inside. put everything back and sure enough they squirted out fine.
            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by tommi
              i fixed mine jus yesterday, i went ahead and replaced the old pump and i unhooked the hose from the pump and nozzles and blew air thru it. managed to blow all the gunk out of the system, and one of the hoses from inside the fender so i had to take the fender lining apart to put the hose back on.
              to fix the nozzles i just blew brake parts cleaner thru the inside. and it cleared up the remainder of the gunk inside. put everything back and sure enough they squirted out fine.
              when you say they worked fine do you mean they were about the same as before, or like way way better than they ever were?

If the pump is not that good to begin with, I'm going to think about finding a newer car's pump that I could fit in there. New cars seem to have a much more effective system overall

Comment

That's so weird, I threw a couple of different words relating to this query in the search tool and nothing recent came up. And now a thread's popping up in the Beginner Appearance section thats all about this and has been active for the last few days.

Oh well, two threads possibly means more responses....lol

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=91384

I imagine if you TRULY wanna fix the problem, you have to pull apart the fenders, and replacing/clean ever piece of hosing and check the motor and everything.

Im in the process of seeing if replacing the hosing will work, but ive got a feeling theres more to it than that.....

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

A nice upgrade, if you will, would be the nozzles from the 6th gen Accords (98-02), the nozzle has a single outlet but fans it out instead of a stream/jet. They cannot be adjusted, but that's not really an issue unless you have done the hood stand off mod that's over 2" . The CB nozzles seem to do a really great job if they are clear and adjusted properly.

Also, I might add, the 6th gen ones have the inlet/nipple pointing towards the front of the car and not towards the d/s fender.
                    Last edited by Granite CB7; 12-19-2007, 08:22 PM.

Comment

yes they do suck and so does the motor.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Is anyone else hearing an echo......

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

1. If its clogged it wont spray
                          2. Get a little needle and jam it in.
                          3. Pull rubber hoses for inspection.
                          4. If the pump is not working it wont work as effective.
                          5. A needle that can fit in the nozzle will allow you to adjust it.
                          6. Mine dont work too well because I have wax clogging the holes I need to fix that with a needle.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Get ford nozzles... the only thing ford ever made that was good, their washer nozzles.. They spray everywhere, instead of one or two places...
                            90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                            2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

the left sideof mine sprayover the top of my car, anyway to adjust it?

93 accord lx

Comment

Working...
                              X