Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

$800 max power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$800 max power

what combo of stuff should i buy with $800 to maximize my power. i cant find a H22 so im gonna stick with my A1 for now.

H23 head swap is your best bet.
    -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

I would do
      -h23/F22b dohc headswap
      -manual transaxle swap (if you are automatic)
      -exhaust(if you can weld or know someone who can do it for cheap)

Comment

would i need a new downpipe if i do the head swap?

Comment

you could get some junkyard parts from an f22a6 like the header and intake manifold if you wanted also. But it might be better to do a headswap

Comment

a head swap, transmission and cat back would be under 800 if you get free shipping or something. If you do the headswap...I would suggest you spend the money on all new seals rather than a tranny. If you are automatic, and want a manual tranny to swap into...it'll be an ass load of money and time...definitely more than the budget you have if you combine it with a cat back and head swap.

I suggest the headswap...and an extensive tune up. Like new rings, fuel pump, all intake gaskets, fuel seals, etc. That way you can build up your motor, and not have to worry about 16 year old rings going on you

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

ok so jus to clarify things... i dont drive an automatic. i hate them damn things. you lose power with auto's. what kinda power increase am i lookin at with the swap and a full 2 1/2 inch exhaust?/

Comment

around 130whp, a little more if you can tune the ECU.

Comment

hell that aint much at all really. deev said about following his $500 junkyard thread but i want to go all out if im goin to a junkyard. i cant really see goin from sohc to dohc only giving me a few more hp. i mean a stock b18 has 140+ hp and its a smaller engine.

Comment

bigpoppa,

Try this link.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=%24500
                    "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                    ><((((º>

Comment

Check out this link. It's within your budget of $800

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154

SOLD!!
                      Boosted H22
                      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

He is talking about wheel horse power not crank horse power. They say you loose 30% at the wheels from the crank.
                        -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

nitrous oxide

Comment

one word

V-TEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

now seriuosly bro
                            let me guess u want ur accord to beat them famous teggys or civics

H22

or head swap, lighter flywheel, good tune,

let me tell u bout it

130hp, in an accord, especially no v-tec it will be a good useful 130 not like a b series motor where, it'll pull 140hp at 7-8k rpms,

by the time tha motor reaches it ull be long goneeeeeeeeeeeeee
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

well..if you do the junkyard way.. you could go DSM turbo !!

Originally posted by Devergote
                              A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X