Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

seafoam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seafoam

So... whats the deal with this? Does the IM, TB, etc really build up enough carbon to call for this treatment? It seems like they type of procedure that can actually do damage.

Thoughts?
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Have you looked inside your IM lately? I would say it is worth it... there is a lot of carbon buildup inside the manifold, and Tb area. With the EGR in the vicinity too yeah its dirty.

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

it worked really good for me. half in the gas and half through a vac hose in to the intake manifold. got better mpg! yeah man you've never seen a cars TB when it wasn't taken care of i mean it takes a while for that kind of build up.
      Freedom Is Not Free
      U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Seafoam works wounders, I use it every time I get a new car, and always for basic matnence. Best stuff out there.

Comment

Its well worth time and money. You get better mpg and your car will run very smooth.

Comment

wow, I wasnt' expecting such a good response. What intervals should it be used at? I've got about 70k on my engine... time to use it? :P

So, how exactly does it work? Half in the gas and half in the vacume hose? o.O Gas I can see, that'll clean it out pretty well... but the vacume hose? how the frig does that work?
            My Car

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112
              it worked really good for me. half in the gas and half through a vac hose in to the intake manifold. got better mpg! yeah man you've never seen a cars TB when it wasn't taken care of i mean it takes a while for that kind of build up.
              Care to say which vac hose you used?
              90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
              2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

You put it in the brake booster hose.

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley
                  wow, I wasnt' expecting such a good response. What intervals should it be used at? I've got about 70k on my engine... time to use it? :P

So, how exactly does it work? Half in the gas and half in the vacume hose? o.O Gas I can see, that'll clean it out pretty well... but the vacume hose? how the frig does that work?
                  Goes right into the intake manifold, cnealing out the ports, opening everything back up, and putting it back to a clean surface, over time carbon builds up, and creates a barrier, putting this in the gas, and vac hose removes the cabon, and esentially sends it out the exhaust, it also cleans out your combustion chamber. Its a great tool.

Comment

You can do it as often as you want, i would do it every 12,000 miles at least. If you want to know how to use it just read the can, should tell you how.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSteve
                      You can do it as often as you want, i would do it every 12,000 miles at least. If you want to know how to use it just read the can, should tell you how.
                      Dude i love your pic in the sig... it looks friggin hillarious.

Comment

my motor got 288k and just seafoam it...half thu vaccuum hose and other in gas tank..I was expecting lots of smoke for a 288k..smash it a few times but barely any smoke at all...lol

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212
                          You put it in the brake booster hose.
                          which one is that?

I hear that it does a number on spark plugs...
                          My Car

Comment

might be easier to use the pcv valve hose...the brake booster is a pretty big hose...there are a few vacuum ports you could use that won't pull it all down to quickly...if it pulls to quickly then you kinda waste some plus you'll kill the engine (I mean it'll sputter and die...not like blow up )

just don't put it in your oil...vacuum line ok...oil not ok
                            Last edited by bcjammerx; 02-06-2008, 12:06 AM.
                            ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                              might be easier to use the pcv valve hose...the brake booster is a pretty big hose...there are a few vacuum ports you could use that won't pull it all down to quickly...if it pulls to quickly then you kinda waste some plus you'll kill the engine (I mean it'll sputter and die...not like blow up )

just don't put it in your oil...vacuum line ok...oil not ok
                              You can put it in the oil...

1/3 Gas Tank
                              1/3 Brake Booster
                              1/3 Crank case(oil cap)

Let it sit for 5-10minutes, turn the car on and drive real hard, like flooring it, to clear out the carbon.

Oil Change is very important, all that built up carbon gets stuck in the oil, running this very very dirty oil for too long will screw up your engine, it's in the instructions.

Comment

Working...
                              X