Aftermarket side skirts or mud flaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket side skirts or mud flaps

I was browsing the local junk yard, and there sat a orange/black tu tone sedan. I noticed it had a add on front bumper, that was busted, then I saw the Preator hood, walked around, and be damn a set of real ground design black widow sides, on the back was some urethane rear lip. The car was pulled off "rotation" which means it came from a police impound. The old speakers and a few apc stickers and exhaust led me to believe this car was built early 2000's. So I asked the man how much with out the front bumper....$80. So screw driver in hand off came the kit, and 10mm freed the hood, and into the back of my wagon it went. I know the rear will need some work to fit, but I don't know if I want to put any of it on because I have front and rear mud flaps, and I love them. But I do like the side skirts, the rear lip, and he had a 2 door legend iam getting the lip off of in two weeks (it's kinda on pawn, but he doesn't think the guy will pick it up) and a set of 90-91 fogs. I would of got them today, but the bumper is on the ground, and I couldn't find a jack to lift it, and I don't know exactly what the a,b,c harness are, so I got to look that up.

But would you ditch the mud flaps for the aftermarket sides/rear lip...they are going on my cb9

aerogear hood

side skirts

and what ever rear lip this is...I know my exhaust dosent line up..but i need a new muffler anyways, so may see if it will work

yay bendy

Comment

you scored on that rear lip, the rest is just personal taste. its always good to get a great deal on stuff.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
        you scored on that rear lip, the rest is just personal taste. its always good to get a great deal on stuff.
        What is the rear lip? Is it a xenon?

Comment

O man. What a nice find! The rear lip is called a sigma. Very few have have one, and most will slap there mothers for it.

You can do a little bit of cutting to the rear mud flaps to get them to fit over the rear lip.
          Last edited by drew12000; 08-31-2012, 03:52 PM.
          "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

So I take it I shouldn't cut up the lip to get it on my cb9. I can get another wagon bumper, so if anything got to be cut, it will be it

Comment

I wouldn't cut it up. Take a few pics of how well it fits.
              "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

aerogear is classic. good fine my man

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                  aerogear is classic. good fine my man
                  When I see the square indention on the side skirts by the front fender, I knew they were real ground design 2000's the bottom of them is scraped pretty good, and one has a crack. Which doesn't bother me, because they are thick. Not like the flap in the wind eBay ones. But the hood and sides are already fitted, hood has latch and all, so I'll take that I've a bit of glass work anyday

Comment

Off topic, is that a T-bird in the background?
                    4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

Originally posted by Binladin View Post
                      Off topic, is that a T-bird in the background?
                      Yes it is, 1965 thunderbird landau. Ivy gold/ivy gold, 2 owner car. My first car, bought it when In 1994 when I was 13. When I buy a house in the next couple years, it will go in the garage for a resto

Comment

What the hell man! THAT REAR LIP IS RAAAAARE! I'd kill to get a sigma one, don't cut it up!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

From just throwing it aginst the car it looks to be too long at the wheel wells. Hope tomm I got enought time to get the rear mud flaps off and really get a look at it. But it looked so good. Guess I could always go get the bumper it came off and use it to hold the lip and make a fiberglass copy I could then cut up and fit
                          Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 09-04-2012, 07:39 PM.

Comment

the hood hits thes bumps on the shock towers, clearanced them, now its hitting the top a/c line right on the vent...funny because it fit the car I took it off fine...might mess with it another day. but the sigma is a no go with out a ton of cutting

lined up on the back

and over the mud flap and against the tire(bad pic, hard to hold lip and phone)

looks so good, but i dont know if I want to do all that modding to such a rare lip, when it would basically be the same work to build my own

Comment

just cut your bumper, and have a exhaust shop reroute your exhaust tip so it fits through the new muffler hole.

Comment

Working...
                              X