No announcement yet.

Rice Or Not To Rice!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just hate when they hear your exhaust they think rice...and that you have it on there just for the sound....that is rice to me..but dont put me in that category..i have it for performance.....
    there was this guy i know hating on cars with exhaust...but somehow i think he was directing it towards me..cuz he saw my smooth ass accord..and it looked better than his old school prelude....he was somaon...and lives in florida...i think he lost touch with his asian people on the west coast.and been around to many mustang and truck drivers.....thats why he was hating...he just lost touch....needs to take a trip back to the west coast.... oh well ive been rambling to much tonight..man this post shit is addictive...payce out!
    Last edited by 93EXaesthetic; 08-23-2005, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Rice will be rice we all have our taste in what we like...some have wide body kits and 6 foot wings while others have JDM front end conversions with integra tail lights ....you got custom u got rice u got JDM, choosing a spot just doesn't work its all flexable....isn't the car tuning world about doing the unthinkable or playing around with things and making it more interesting...live a little enjoy doing differen't things....Rice,JDM, Custom put it all together if u want but do it all just make it your own....you are who u are and your car will help prove yourself..go have fun with your car and if it turns heads and thats what u want let the heads turn, if u want a low sleeper look(JDM) that only turns heads when needed,let em get lost in your car's homeland...if u want custom work done to make it show over the other guy shave away....

I <3 JDM
      93 Accord- SOLD
      94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
        i like the roush mustangs...i think the new mustang...looks too much like a gas guzzler...i like the year before the new mustangs came out...they are fun to drive..i drove an automatic...stock..i think 200 hp..and i raced a camaro..or transam..from like flagstaff...to phoenix..the mustang has a strong engine tho...and you get a lot of looks from chicks in them..maybe that was my imagination i think too many people have them...but when i see one with altezzas..im like booo.....booo
        classic cars are amazing vehicles. the simplicity and power are to die for and they are not to be modded unless it is engine mods. when i first saw them i was like whoa i like that car....now i c one and i am like o there is another one and oooo another one. lol my grandfather had a mustang and he still says how the chics always stared. there are few cars that shouldn't be modded on the outside, mustangs being one of them, luxury cars being others, (ferrari, lambo stuff like that, o and them dodge chargers drooool) lol

o and back to topic of the thread.....do what u feel is right, it will generaly go the right way. common sense is always good. and o my god nothing i hate worse than seeing cars with a billion stickers or a vinyl sticker saying like apc or some weird symbols. or even better, and yes there a few down here in rochester, but those rust buckets with fake spinners and fear this stickers all over with the purple tint bubbling all over and the rear springs cut . lol ahhhh now if that is not a ricer i dunno what is
        My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
          well first, i never said i hated anything or anyone. i just dont like the style that has been labeled "rice". and i actually am proud of my car... i like it alot. but i only want attention from those who appreciate a clean style. even my mom would notice a car with an ugly bodykit and a huge wing... but it takes a keen eye to notice subtle details like a nice set of work wheels, or 1pc heads. basically i only care about attention from those who know their shit... not from the majority that stare just cause i got a set of uglyass chrome rims. theyre probably all lookin just cause those kinda wheels look stupid on an accord.

fyi, you must have been a girl in your past life... cause you can twist words with the best of them. i dont like rice, so all of a sudden a doctor shouldnt take pride in saving a mans life?

when a doctor takes care of a patient, they become healthy again. a carpenter build a beautiful home, of course he should be proud. but when someone has built a nice home, pretty much everyone will agree... and im sure it wouldnt include unnecessary chrome accents or blue led porch lights.
          as my mom likes to say, look at who it is comming from, if these loosers with bandanas are checking out your car it means crap. but if older people or classic car people check it out and tell u how nicely done it is then yes i like those looks. i actualyl showed my car with a classic car club up in franklin, NH at an autozone and alot of the elderly car enthusiasts complimented my car. now from them it means alot to me. btw not all chrome looks bad on hondas. mine for one looks damn good. nice clean look to it.
          My members ride thread

Comment

entirely my $0.02:

The word is Gaudy. Things that are considered "rice" are things that are gaudy. Loud and often tasteless thigns. Now, a stylish dresser, such as myself, can pull off gaudy clothing, like my gold vest. Hence prehaps the word itself, though central, is insufficient. Unclean, unstylized, gaudy atrocities are deemed rice. By breaking the previous phrase down to said center, gaudy, you could argue it is possible to pull "rice" off on a certain car with certain things to accent it properly to actually make it work right, defeating the ideas of uncleanliness, lack of style, and atrocity, and working gaudy into distinctive. Loud at worst. I'm sure we've all seen this on occasion, for example, euro lights that actually give a distictive look when playing in with the rest of a theme of some sort. Although euro lights and distinctive in the same sentance is becoming more and more oxymoronic, sometimes it still happens. Likewise, sometimes a car can pull off a huge spoiler. Not too rarely, chrome is the best color for a rim. Sometimes, fatty ass chromies can be pulled. Graphics, stickers, carbon fiber everywhere, interior color accenting, silicone and wire loom under the hood, can mufflers... sometimes they're the way to go. But all too often, they're put on because they're part of a trend, and they're not put on in accordance with a theme, they're just tacked on there. They look out of place, and they scream "look what cheap piece of crap I put on my car to look like all those fast cars I know nothing about." When you see an otherwise stock '98ish Accord with a high ass wing angled for dramatic upforce, some bright chrome eurolights with the tiniest sections for signals, rimmed in divited and fading chromed plastic, and a can muffler at the end of some too-big piping, and some spinner hubcaps, what can you say but some varient of "ugh...?" And when you look around, this is what you see, and it's traced back to japanese import car tuners, because the Altezza began eurolights, because import cars are more likely than anything else to be seen with a big spoiler, because that's who uses can mufflers, because everyone has the misconception that the more open the exhaust is the more power you gain, and because after rappers glorified rediculous overpriced gaudy crap, spinners became a must have, and broke people who can only afford a bucket, which tend to be japanese, want them, see the hubcap spinners, and think, oh cool, I can have them too now. And thus begins a trend, and those who have to shoulder the name "ricer" for those who earned it by following such trends improperly (for those that can be done properly) begin an anti-trend to prove "what it's really about." So people get caught up in what things domestics pick on because it's the trend of the the rice rocket, and avoid them and find any reason to be critical of them. Then once collected, the anti-trend became the new trend, unfortunate for those who really wanted to be distinctive and clean. This new trend is of course the JDM movement. I think it's going to start getting the rice title attatched to it soon, but hopefully not, because I'm a fair fan of JDM styling, and don't want to see it degraded by the ignorant. At any rate, back to the point, now domestics who are against economy and real tuners who are against getting called ricers are going to target these things that get the negative attention: misfitments, notably despearate attempts to reach far beyond one's budget to get some needless trendy crap which never gets fully tended to (I.E. body kits without paint), demonstrated ignorance (oversized exhaust) and misconception (thinking bodykits enhance aerodynamics to the point of better handling and higher max speed on a car wich will rarely if ever see more than 80mph), and obvious tastelessness (generally in the form of a eurolight). This targeting becomes overly generalized, and there you have it: Now everyone either despizes rice or only knows enough about it to think "I saw this car with these things on it once, I want that on mine." Where I believe things should lie is at the point where these things should be lended an open mind for each individiual application. Continuing with my example of euros:

Ugly as hell:
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/654310

decent:
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/719044
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/793822/1

There was a Tercel I can't find now that I wanted to make an example of which pulls them off very nicely, but at any rate, sometimes some things are more suiting than at other times. Everything made everything look like crap on the first one. The euros were a bit out of place but not bad on #2, and on #3, it wasn't the euros so much as the fender gap and the spoiler being about 4" too tall. Application and fitment and an open mind would mean that I agree with the couple who will stand up for that which is generally deemed "rice." Hell, I'm sure plenty of people would get their chopsticks out if they saw my engine bay, if they're not noticing the accenting and balance of color I've created, they just see paint and colored loom. Closed mindedness/over-generalization mean that rice is rice for some. No escaping it, it doesn't belong.

That's my $0.02 (plus a tip. $0.10, why not.)

Comment

well first, i never said i hated anything or anyone. i just dont like the style that has been labeled "rice". and i actually am proud of my car... i like it alot. but i only want attention from those who appreciate a clean style. even my mom would notice a car with an ugly bodykit and a huge wing... but it takes a keen eye to notice subtle details like a nice set of work wheels, or 1pc heads. basically i only care about attention from those who know their shit... not from the majority that stare just cause i got a set of uglyass chrome rims. theyre probably all lookin just cause those kinda wheels look stupid on an accord.

werd

"Tucking tires and wires."
              The Chronicles.

Comment

*Applause* *Clap*
                www.stickydiljoe.com

Comment

I simply don't like ricers simply because of their unique attitude.....its effin stupid.....Here in Tucson all the racers cruise Speedway on Friday and Saturday nights, the ricers think its like the fast and the furious around here and they try to act bad ass and setup street races.......unfortunately the only ones who show up there are of course the other ricers.....I just can't stand the wings, neons, and other small stupid worthless shit that they put on a completely perfect car......they think by putting on a wing, it will add horsepower or something....I can stand body kits to a certain extent....but type r emblems and three wings on a car that is as slow as a geo metro just makes me irritated and it sorta makes me laugh!!!! Heres a good example of what I consider rice......

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....BB0FD18B57&p=1
                  1991 Honda Accord Ex
                  Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
                  Totoro Squad #2

Comment

rice vs a clean car.. (the only thing jdm on my car is my motor..)

RICE:

CLEAN:

Last edited by GHOST 2.2; 08-26-2005, 03:54 AM.

Comment

most rice isnt all nice.. IMO if your gonna fix up a car.. make it clean.. if your gonna go extreme..dont make it ugly..

if you were a judge whos car would you choose?

you already know..

Comment

Originally posted by SSDH22Accord
                        most rice isnt all nice.. IMO if your gonna fix up a car.. make it clean.. if your gonna go extreme..dont make it ugly..

if you were a judge whos car would you choose?

you already know..
                        True.....so true! And your car is Very clean BTW......im lovin the lip kit...sets it off well...I was gonna do that same setup....but you beat me to it!!!!
                        1991 Honda Accord Ex
                        Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
                        Totoro Squad #2

Comment

oh yea.. that guy had "wanna be" carbon fiber stickers through out his whole car..you can kinda see it on his gas lid..i wanted to take more pictures to laugh at..but i didnt wanna make the guy feel like his car is cool..

Comment

so among all your testosterone fed bitching in either or way, youre ALL saying the same thing -- its ATTITUDE

we have a problem deciding what the definition of "rice" is - and i can tell from each person's post its a little differnt...

...but what it comes down to is that ITS NOT WHAT YOU DO - ITS WHY YOU DO IT

im gonna get a little deep here, but just because you do flashy things to a car does NOT make you attention starved... but it IS a direct reflection on your personality:

When my cb7 is done in all her built engine, two-tone, custom exterior, widebody, lowerd sweetness - she's gonna be hot because thats how I WANT her to be- -- and if you knew me, it would make even more sense... the whole point is i'm doing it because i'm want to and i'm damn sure gonna do it right ... and yeah the car will turn heads, but she's gonna be clean - for those of you that HATE because i do what i WANT, you're just as ignorant as those who do things for attention

i don't need a car to get noticed, nor do i need fancy clothes, i get noticed by being me - and i don't even like it, but thats how it is

if your car says "thats me" then fine, i have mad respect for anyone with the balls to stand up for his individuality, but if your car says "hey look at me" and has nothing to do with you whatsoever then fuck you -

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

This is why i dislike ricers
                              1.) they give all other sport compact guys a bad name by adding non functional "performance" parts to their cars
                              2.) have no taste but think their car looks great
                              3.) often times cannot take an insult or oppinion about their car
                              4.)Make pep boys a huge profit in their rice isle
                              5.)they are oftern confused about what parts do on cars and think that since its a 4cyl or an import its got to be fast.

but really most ricers that I run into are just trying to get into the scene and are learning slowly about what needs to be done to make a car look good and be fast and often times get sidetracked by things they think may be cool because they are cheap such as: neon shift knobs, apc banners, big spoilers, etc. end rant
                              ricers make baby jesus cry

Comment

so yes it is all attitude. and it depends on WHY u do stuff to your car. i personally do crap to my car bc i love to. i love working on it. and most of the work is done by me.....unless i have no diea what i am doing and i could end up messing the car up royaly, i let the pros do it. now the 2 pics of the rice and not rice, i like both cars. the clean look is good although too umm stock looking. maybe shave some stuff but overall i like it. now the ricer well the wing is not working for me but that is it. and unless the hood is functional and not all show (the scoops) than it is worthless. but overall i can like both clean and rice and even them JDM guys. we each have an idea of what we would like outta our cars. and i will not bash on ANYONE"S car unless they r the people that do not bother to do some research, or go the cheap root and get fake spinners or these ugly decals all over. i respect everyone that does their own work whether they do it right or not (preferably right) lol, but if u slap stuff on without thinking it through and then say your car is the bomb and stuff then damn boi someone is gonna ream u a new arsehole. lol
                                My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
                                X