• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help .. 90-91 to 92-93 trunk/tail-light conversion

ok .. i went to the salvage yard today .. there was a thread
    on our own CB7 site ..(i think) that stated that the 92-93 CB7
    trunks would fit our 90-91's as well .. but the guys that run the
    place, dont seem to think so. They have TWO, 92's there ..
    one is a 2 door accord with a nice trunk WITH the *holes* for
    the OEM spoiler, (that i just purchased) and the other is a 92
    4 door EX with a just as good trunk (but no pre-drilled holes).
    FYI: mine is a 90 LX 4 door.

Does anyone have any experiance with doing a 90-91 to 92-93
    tail light conversion? Please say that atleast one of these
    trunks fits .. i am also under the impression that the *outter*
    tail lights fit? Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    Any links ? 1-800#'s ?? lol .. help?

thanks
    a hui hou !!

Paka

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

ive never done the swap myself (no need to), but all outer tail lights, from any #doors, any 90-93 accord will swap. and all trunk lids are swappable, but the only problem that comes up is with the lock cylinder- i know when swapping from a 9293 coupe to a 9293 sedan, you cant use your old lock, so you need to get a copy of the key with the lid. i dont know if you have the same problems when swapping from 9091 tho.

You already know what the 9091 lights look like.

The 9293 coupe lights look pretty much like hte 9091's, just flipped- the red part is up top. they do NOT sell aftermarket 9293 coupe lights. ever. at all. dont even try to look.

The 9293 sedan lights are the most common, they sell all the aftermarket lights for the sedans. of the two lids, i suggest you get the sedan one... unless you really like the stock coupe lights.
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 03-13-2004, 09:02 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

thanks for the response mike ..

so let me get this straight .. i CAN use that 92 EX *SEDAN* lid on my 90 LX?? and the the *outter* lights will work
      (plug and play) on my 90 LX ? But i the coupe has issues with aftermarket .. k ..
      cuz i wanna do the red-clear with this conversion.

But the main thing is .. that i CAN go and buy that 92 EX lid, along with the *outter* and *inner* lights .. and everything
      will bolt up ok .. . as far as the key issue goes .. i can always have a locksmith make a key .. or always *pop* it
      from inside the vehicle .. but this is great to know .. i'ma call that dude tomorrow and have um hold those lights AND that lid.

thanks again mike .. anyone else have any 411 i need to know about .. dont hesitate to add a post to this thread ..

A Hui Hou !!
      Paka

Comment

my 90 lx coupe with a 92 4 door trunk lid..no lock cylinder use the inside popper near the floor. using 92 custom painted clear tail lights ordered red and clear ones for a 92-93 off ebay.

the outer lights just have to be flipped the rear tail light socket now goes to the top and the signal goes to the bottom im just waiting for my gaskets and gonna move onto checking on my inner lights.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

woah ...

thas awesome .. i understand what you mean by flipping them..but what do you mean by *checking*
          your inner lihgts ... ?

That looks really kewl Draggen .. let me know what (if any) problems you might have encountered.
          Is it a simple process to re-connect the pop up thingy from inside? I could care less about the key.
          Fitment is a snap on the outters huh ? Unreal .. !!! and the trunk already has um installed .. soooo
          what could be so diffuicult? right ?

Keep me informed on how it goes?

Thanks again
          A Hui Hou !!
          Paka

Comment

just the fitment is a pain getting it lined up but just be patient i had my little bro lay in the trunk through my back seat and tighten the bolts when it was all lined up. so a helper is nice to have.

what i meant by checking was seeing what lights are which the wiring hasnt been run into the trunk yet. i have been working everday i took vacation to get my car done so i havent had anytime to actually do anything the last couple of days.
            Last edited by DRAGGEN; 03-14-2004, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda
              cuz i wanna do the red-clear with this conversion.

But the main thing is .. that i CAN go and buy that 92 EX lid, along with the *outter* and *inner* lights .. and everything
              will bolt up ok ..

thanks again mike ..
              no problem

and to confirm, YES, you can go buy the 92 EX sedan lid (get that one if ur looking to get red/clears), and all four lights that go with it, and it will bolt onto your 90 sedan. only thing i dont know for sure is the question i asked Draggen below

DRAGGEN- ive never had the opportunity to look, but are the plugs between the 9091 and 9293 tail lights different? like will pakalolo need to rearrange his existing bulb sockets to fit the new lights, or do the plugs fit right into the new lights housings?

Current cars:

Comment

holy missing parts batman.

the rest of my light socket assembly is missing have to call the paint guy and ask him what happened to them.

Comment

Originally posted by DRAGGEN
                  holy missing parts batman.

the rest of my light socket assembly is missing
                  aftermarket tails, at least the red/clears, dont come with the light socket assembly, you are supposed to swap it off your old stock lights onto the new ones. did u ever have the stock tails, or did u just go ahead and buy the aftermarket ones?

Current cars:

Comment

no everything is suppose to be there for the swap all the wiring and sockets..but theres just the end electical plug there paint guy forgot to give me some parts back just have to go get them.

Comment

OOo k

les see here .. they dont make shit in terms of after-market tails for the 2 door, on the other hand,
                      the 2 door lid has the holes already pre-drilled .. i want the red/clears later ... ummmm
                      ALICE !!!! we're drilling ... get the Makita out .. and while yr at it .. get that torch ready ..
                      you might get ta weld sumthin

Thanks guys .. LOTS of help just in the nick of time .. i'ma call these guys tomorrow .. put a hold
                      on that 4 door lid and the tails .. annnnnd that inner thang .. that the front bumper cover slides
                      onto .. so's i can get my 92/93 front bumper .. (i still cant remember the name of that thing)
                      looks like a cheap piece a plastic .. 4 allen type screws .. 2 top, 2 botom.. but anyways ..
                      i wanna thank all a ya's .. heh .. you folks helped me *edge-a-makate* a few *good-ol-boys*
                      at a salvage yard in south florida .. maybe i'll get a discount?

A Hui Hou !!
                      Paka

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DRAGGEN
                        [B]just the fitment is a pain getting it lined up but just be patient i had my little bro lay in the trunk
                        through my back seat and tighten the bolts when it was all lined up. so a helper is nice to have.

BTW .. thanks for the awesome pics .. what amazement the internet still is to me ...
                        ask and you shall receive .. not only great replys, but fotos as well .. lol

Keep us all up-dated on the project Draggen .. oh, and yeah ..that *bro* is gonna be me
                        in the trunk on his back lining things up and holdin this and that .. LOL!
                        The guy that does my stuff always has me doin that sorta thing ... heheh ..
                        He's awesome .. he had my front end off last week in about 8 min .. whew ! he jus remembers
                        really, really well, how he took it off.. how he does it so fast and has no problem getting it
                        all back together is mind boggling to me .. but he has no clue what fits and what doesnt
                        on CB7's .. ( he's a civic guy ) ..

thanks again for such quick response(s) to my needs here.. the pics are awesome ..
                        this site rocks .. and CB7's RULE!!

A Hui Hou !!!
                        Paka

Comment

Working...
                        X