Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hiptech
    replied
    I know from experience some Honda seats can be downright painful especially after long extended drives. When I was a Mod years ago over at OdyClub I (and others) tried to remedy the "park benches" that came with the 2nd gen ('99-'03) Odys. I personally spent considerable time and expense tearing them apart and installing electric pump air bladders from an OEM source which only helped slightly. I next tried adding sheepskins (so 80's) and they too only helped marginally. Unfortunately the 2000 Accord (and at least through '07 AFAIK) havew similar issues that we learned on a very long trip from Phoenix to Seattle and back. Bottom line unless Honda's design criteria has changed recently their cost cutting typically involves seating components and design. I also discovered you can't fix a broken design you can only try to locate a suitable replacement.

That said, the one exception I've noticed are the seats in Acuras. The closest match to CB7 I can think of is the TSX... I personally can attest to their all day comfort with great lateral support. If you can find a pair of these and get them to fit I'd highly recommend them! Unfortunately they don't have armrests...

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    I didn't like the few seats I've had with leather. Hot in the summer, cold in the winter, didn't breathe at all. I suppose my driver seat is comfortable because it has been shaped to my backside for 26 years and over 300,000 miles. I recovered it once with an EX seat cover and swapped in a seat back with armrest and adjustable lumbar support. The seat bottom fabric is sorta turning green and wearing thin, but no tears yet. I think I have the last new OEM bottom seat cover waiting until the one in the car starts getting really ugly.

Leave a comment:

• zedjr10
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleetw00d View Post
    I put a set of CL front seats in a 93 SE I rescued (the original SE leather was trashed); I was able to bolt them in without modification. I don't remember them being as comfortable (kinda flat) as the CB seats.

Edit: CL seats I used didn't have arm rests: https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/forum/...79#post4636479
    Really, i don't find these stock cb7 seats that comfortable. I am considering getting them wrapped in leather as i want to have back seats match front seats and i never see any tan cl seats on ebay. I can get them rewrapped front and back in leather with nice 2 tone accentures for 2200. Maybe i should learn how to reupholster seats. I wonder how leather would feel with these stock seats.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    I put a set of CL front seats in a 93 SE I rescued (the original SE leather was trashed); I was able to bolt them in without modification. I don't remember them being as comfortable (kinda flat) as the CB seats.

Edit: CL seats I used didn't have arm rests: https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/forum/...79#post4636479
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 07-17-2021, 11:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    A popular swap are the first gen CL seats, with a little modifaction you can make the rear and fronts fit and get powered and heated seats.

Leave a comment:

• zedjr10
    started a topic Best seats for coupe front and back with armrest

Best seats for coupe front and back with armrest

One thing i do not like about this car is the seats are not that comfortable. I want some comfortable power front leather seats that i can match to back and are bolt ons. I have considered the 93 se, acura tl 97-99, accord 5th and 6th gens. I have read the 6th does not bolt up on front. I don't see tan acura tl seats anywhere. Mostly black they are. None of these driver seats come with an armrest and i really don't want to install that center armrest that comes in 90-91's. Are there any seats that bolt on with an armrest. Do i have any other options or must i get an armrest installed as i need somewhere to lay my right arm?
    Last edited by zedjr10; 07-05-2021, 07:41 PM.
Working...
X