*1st Gen Legend flushmount on my CB7*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*1st Gen Legend flushmount on my CB7*

I got this spoiler from a junkyard very cheap, $40, thanks to 91accord4door. It's from a 1990 Acura Legend V6 LS coupe. I had often wondered how it would fit on a CB trunk lid after seeing the two cars side by side in another yard. So, I decided to make it work, the best I possibly could. It needs to be recleared, it had hazed over. I'm not too happy w/ the ends, but being raw foam, you can't do much w/ it. I'll comment on this further but I'd like to hear some of your comments and I will get more pics in the daytime soon!

-

-

-

-

-

Like I said, it needs a reclearing and the ends are okay It was basically an experiment that I wanted to go ahead and try. I will get many more very detailed pics in the daylight and give a rundown on what exactly I had to do to install it

Dan

Thanks to 91accord4door for the pics and the hosting too

I think it would look pretty freakin sick with sides......sick find Granite!
    JustBlaze

Comment

Also, here is an example pic of what I started w/:

A 1st gen Acura Legend coupe V6 LS^

Comment

it looks cool from far away. much better than the cb7 flushmount IMO. but up close...i dunno. Im sure with some body work it could be sweet.

Im thinking if you cut it in the middle, instead of the ends it would look better.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

^^^ i agree. some body work on the spoiler and it'll look even better. it looks a bit more aggressive than the cb7 flushmount and i like how it actually flares upwards. great pickup and a for trying something different.
          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Sweet i want one

Comment

It's a stretch, but I would venture to say it could be molded to CB7 perfection....
              1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Hey that looks cool. Yeah I think if you cut the middle section out a little and somehow formed it back together u can keep the sides intact however for that particular flushmount the sides aren't shaped to contour a CB7 rear anyways. Props for a cool mod! That flares up just like a 90-91 Kamanari flushmount.

I sold a 1G Legend sedan flushmount (US Accord Inspire body) version to a member on this board and I'm surprised I haven't seen any pictures of it installed yet..... *cough*

Another Legend flushmount to look for!
                I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Like I said before Dan, props on getting that to fit. I remember looking at those way back when and thinking there wasn't a chance in hell it'd fit.

The paint doesn't look all that bad either. I'd probably just hit the ends with a quick skim coat of bondo, or maybe come buildable primer to get rid of the cut marks on the ends, and then you should be good to go.

Comment

Thank you all for your responses Half Pint, R33, Primo, Maple, Maroonaccord, Kurobei, and Warrior Yes, it is def. rough around the edges!!! I need to improve upon the ends some more, but finding a product that's nearly as flexible as open cell foam is tough! Any bondo would crack right off if someone squeezes it too hard, but buildable primer is a start.

I just HAD to cut the ends, there was no way I could get that to work, it did not follow the CB rear quarters @ all, and w/ a finger gap between the back of the spoiler and the rear quarter, it all had to be cut off

I'm assuming they're all constructed the same way, but they have a mild steel plate running all the way across for extra ridgidity, and man does it work!

Thanks for the comments though!

Dan

Comment

thats cool man, i just picked up a oem flush mount for $40 and my spair SI wheel

1966 Chevy Nova
                      1974 Super Beetle
                      2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
                      2004 Honda Element
                      2004 Honda Ruckus
                      2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
                      www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

Originally posted by Weezo182
                        thats cool man, i just picked up a oem flush mount for $40 and my spair SI wheel
                        An OEM CB flushmount, I assume That's just unheard of, they didn't know what they had! Good luck w/ the install.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
                          An OEM CB flushmount, I assume That's just unheard of, they didn't know what they had! Good luck w/ the install.
                          it was cool, i was driving home through my neighborhood wich i just bought a house in about 2 hours ago saw it, pulled over went up to the house and told the girl to make an offer she said $70 and my spair tire i said $40 and a prelude SI wheel ive had sitting around and i will buff the spot on her trunk and she took it
                          damn that was easy

1966 Chevy Nova
                          1974 Super Beetle
                          2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
                          2004 Honda Element
                          2004 Honda Ruckus
                          2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
                          www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

look good faraway but up close . if it would extent towards the quarters alil more it would look better.

Comment

Looks real nice Dan props on being creative and original

Comment

Working...
                              X