No announcement yet.

88 legend flushy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to the jy with nic (90cb7sleeper) a couple of years ago and remember seeing a flushmount on a da 4 dr...I think it was a gs. Any pics of those or know how well they fit?

Comment

Which fits our coupes the best with little modding? I want a flushie im looking at 2 i might get but i rather just buy one to save an extra trip driving to go get the other!

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
        No that arcadia green spoiler is not the same lol its no where near the same, the bottom comes up at an angle where as the other one is flat and then takes a 90 degree turn to the back of the trunk

The arcadia green one comes up at a 45 degree angle and meets with the top piece

They are not the same at all there is 0 doubt in my mind
        red: are you talking about the top part of the spoiler? that is the only thing i can think of where it might look like that. But i assure you it is flat, not angled. I'll try to find a better picture if i can, because i think the lighting and the angle of the picture is tricking your eyes or something. plus that car next to it that is trying to hide, is peeking over the arcadia green cb and almost blending in, making it appear as one car.

but, seriously tippey.
        That is a first gen legend coupe spoiler (i.e same as the one you posted pics of mounted on the legend and the one on the white cb).

Yes it comes off the trunk flush with the top, meeting the back part of the trunk at a 90 degree angle. The part of the lip that you see when looking at the back side of the trunk (the hypotenuse, if you will) is flat for about maybe an inch. Just enough for the acura emblem, then angles up at about a 30-35 degree angle to meet the top part of the spoiler.

AS you can see demonstrated in this photo. It is a bit exaggerated, only for demonstration purposes. plus i suck at paint.

the one on the left is a side view, right is a head on view from the back of the car. so obviously looking at the spoiler from the back of the car it will look like it angles up close to a 45 degree angle.

p.s. no where did i say the flushie was made of fiberglass. I said depending on how you want it to look fiber glass and molding may be required.

most, if not all, of these type of flushies are made out of a rubber foam.

Originally posted by midnightpearl91 View Post
        I went to the jy with nic (90cb7sleeper) a couple of years ago and remember seeing a flushmount on a da 4 dr...I think it was a gs. Any pics of those or know how well they fit?
        this one? dont remember if it was a coupe, sedan , or what but it was off a 2nd gen teg.

here it is in comparison to the oem cb flushie

it is a bit longer, so trimming will be needed

Originally posted by integraracer24 View Post
        Which fits our coupes the best with little modding? I want a flushie im looking at 2 i might get but i rather just buy one to save an extra trip driving to go get the other!
        all require modding unless you have holes already drilled into the back of your trunk.
        but the least amount of modification is obviously the oem cb flushie or replica. i believe 88 maxima doesn't require much either

most require trimming if anything and drilling holes in the back side (above your outer tail lights) of your trunk lid. also new trunk springs if you want your trunk to pop all the way open. otherwise it will unlatch but you will need to lift it all the way open.

Click picture to see my mrt
        Instagram: sikz6

Comment

Yeah I think that was the one on the teg. I really like the look of that one alot-I think I will go back and see if I can snag it soon.

Comment

Whos car is that anyways? They must have modified it

I'd like to see more pictures. Honestly someone must have modfied it because the coupe spoiler kind of curves in twords the front of the car after it clears the trunk. Honestly they had to have done something to that spoiler because that does not really look right

zoomed in i can kind of see what you're saying but im still doubtfull because the angles just look all wrong

Comment

Working...
            X