CD5 skirts DIY???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD5 skirts DIY???

I know 91cord made a d.i.y on how to install Cd5 skirts on a 4th gen, but all the pictures for his d.i.y are missing, and without pictures i feel I don't have enough info to give this a try, does anyone else have a D.I.Y for this? if not i'll just have to bite the bullet and try it out on my own

I used CD5 aftermarket sides and mounted them over my stock ones, then screwed the ends in. No problems at all, and if I remember correctly, someone did this with stock CD5 skirts also.

*Edit*- I found the thread http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=184138 post #5
    Last edited by ktaylor660; 08-18-2013, 10:29 PM.

Comment

If you do it, take pictures of the process. Since the old DIY is lacking, we could use a new one!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        If you do it, take pictures of the process. Since the old DIY is lacking, we could use a new one!
        Yea I also looked at the idea of just putting the cd5 skirts on over the cb skirts which I know some have done on the forum, either way i'm going to give it a shot.

Comment

read through each of my posts to give you a good idea of what to do, and have the side skirt on hand so you can see the lip i'm talking about. about that much is all you need to cut off, all i had was a knife so my thing isn't too straight. if you have a sharper and more accurate method I would go with that. the front is where it gets real DIY-ey, so... lemme re-explain that part.

for the CB skirt, you want to cut a slit so that you can slip in the CD skirt. you may have to make some "teeth" out of the CD skirt front so that its like tabs going INTO the CB skirt. then, from the front of the CB skirt you would put in a screw that reaches to the CD skirt as well. I'm pretty sure I used OEM mudflap hardware, since it will be more solid. line up the hardware, and put a screw through both of them. then over that is the CD mudflap, and that will be installed normally and provide more support.

other than that, gut the inside of the CD skirt, trip the top to sit flush against the body, and screw in the back end. you may also put some double sided tape to install the CD skirt like an aftermarket one (to join the top of cb skirt to bottom of cd skirt) but i didn't since i'm not done with my body mods yet. I wanted it to be reversible in the meantime. don't forget to trim the bottom of the cd skirt so you can access the tow points (especially the front) and... you should be good to go!
          blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
            read through each of my posts to give you a good idea of what to do, and have the side skirt on hand so you can see the lip i'm talking about. about that much is all you need to cut off, all i had was a knife so my thing isn't too straight. if you have a sharper and more accurate method I would go with that. the front is where it gets real DIY-ey, so... lemme re-explain that part.

for the CB skirt, you want to cut a slit so that you can slip in the CD skirt. you may have to make some "teeth" out of the CD skirt front so that its like tabs going INTO the CB skirt. then, from the front of the CB skirt you would put in a screw that reaches to the CD skirt as well. I'm pretty sure I used OEM mudflap hardware, since it will be more solid. line up the hardware, and put a screw through both of them. then over that is the CD mudflap, and that will be installed normally and provide more support.

other than that, gut the inside of the CD skirt, trip the top to sit flush against the body, and screw in the back end. you may also put some double sided tape to install the CD skirt like an aftermarket one (to join the top of cb skirt to bottom of cd skirt) but i didn't since i'm not done with my body mods yet. I wanted it to be reversible in the meantime. don't forget to trim the bottom of the cd skirt so you can access the tow points (especially the front) and... you should be good to go!
            thanks for the info P5ylance, i'll be trying this

Comment

I've seen this done on the sedan numerous times, Im assuming it's the same for the coupe?
              I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Comment

Yep same for coupe. Only difference is the coupe has no rear doors, so the skirt gets tucked away under the rear quarter panel, or where the door would be for a 4dr
                blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                  Yep same for coupe. Only difference is the coupe has no rear doors, so the skirt gets tucked away under the rear quarter panel, or where the door would be for a 4dr
                  Ok thanks, IM gonna go at this on Friday. Might make a DIY if there isn't one yet
                  I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Comment

Is There an updated diy for this mod. I Also just want to confirm, I have a 4 door cb so I'll need the skirts from a 4 door cd or will a coups work just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Xclusive1 View Post
                      Is There an updated diy for this mod. I Also just want to confirm, I have a 4 door cb so I'll need the skirts from a 4 door cd or will a coups work just fine.
                      you will need the skirts from a 4 door, I believe the coupe skirts are shorter.

Comment

Working...
                      X