Front End Conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front End Conversions

i just want to see what front end conversion can be done on a cb7. I know some things will be custom but what ones are common..
    "Know Your Rank"

Almost any conversion can be done on your car....it just takes time and $$$. I saw some guy who who did a IS300 headlamp conversion on our car on the hondasociety board awhile back. I'm surprised it came out really clean when the real IS300 has a real rounder shaped front than cb7s.

For common headlight conversions, I would have to say Vigor front is what everyones trying to do now... it seems like the hood and the grille is the only thing that needs to be modded. I have a set of Accord Inspire headlamps, I test fitted them one day when I was bored and it seems that the grille and the hood again just needs to be shaved off a little.

What I want to try to see fit next is Ascot lights. These are more identical to our regular CB lights except for the area which meets the grille. It looks a tad bit shorter and slopes down more.

When doing a headlight conversion on the car, try to stay with headlamps that are similar shaped or almost in the same family. Like CB Accord--->Accord Inspire---->Ascot--->Vigor. Like you really don't want to try to fit 2000 Celica lamps on a CB accord.... or would u? because of the design of the lamps. If you did wanna try something far out like this, like the guy i mentioned that put Is300 lamps on a cb, remember more time and money is going to be involved.

Is it going to be just a garage queen? or a daily driver? You get what you pay for. A shop can weld metal plates to your original cars frame to accomodate the new lights or front end...or they can bondo and fiberglass new body lines which will suck if someone even did a small parking lot fender bender... It's not like you can go to your dealer or e-bay and get another metal fender etc. for like $45...it'll take more $$$ to fix the already customized area.

But if you have the money, take it to a good shop that u'll trust lettin' them do surgery on your car. I've seen some quality conversions that made the car look really nice....and chop jobs which looked good from far away...but @ss up close.
    I need a custom turbo manifold built....
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

good shit.... thanks for the info
      "Know Your Rank"

Comment

I have seen in a magazine a picture of our car with a 240sx front end conversion. it had the kouki conversion. i asked around on superhonda but nobody really knew the person or anything about it. i had one reply that it must have been custom. it looked really cool. anyone see the picture i am talking about or know the person. i dont have the magazine anymore, and i believe it was in a performance auto and sound magazine.

Comment

integra type r conversion CAN look good if done right.. still a conversion though..

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

i saw a 94 accord with a acura cl front end .. thats where i got the idea of which ones can be done to a cb7..
            "Know Your Rank"

Comment

The IS300 headlight conversion Kurobei is talking about was more than a bitch to do. It was Matt's accord, he owns the shop I work for, and it took him a while to get it done, then he totaled the car. It looked ok in person, but he never painted the car or finished the tail conversion.

The CC2 conversion isn't too hard, which I'm actually selling mine which is all cut and fabbed up for the Accord, and it still looks good.

I know three people with ITR headlight conversions done to their Accord. One has a street fighter front bumper, the other has an OEM bumper, and the last has the Extreme body kit.

Just like Kurobei said again, you get what you pay for. Make sure the body shop is good and knows how to re-create body lines to fit the new conversion of your choice.
              Adam - Retired OG member from '03
              2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
              2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Here are some pics of the IS300 conversion about 3 years ago..

ahh, i miss those days of when HS was actually still alive. They just seemed so good back then..

Comment

Ah props for originalitty Rebs.

But shit dude...thats ugly as sin bro. I only got on HondaSociety once..and then I found cb7tuner.com
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

yeah, i have all the pictures of his car from all the face lifts. i remember when he just learned how to weld and went ass crazy on his car. one day his car was stock, the next day it was fully kitted, shaved handles, gas door, trunk lid, antenna.. it all.

then some bitch hit him and he did the is300 conversion.. then bagged it. ahhh the old days.. i'm getting depressed.

Comment

Dont worry man..we here for ya.

Well 2k miles to be exact but yah. I morely depressed I cant sell my truck and get back into my old days with another Cb7 man.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by littleman23408
                        I have seen in a magazine a picture of our car with a 240sx front end conversion. it had the kouki conversion. i asked around on superhonda but nobody really knew the person or anything about it. i had one reply that it must have been custom. it looked really cool. anyone see the picture i am talking about or know the person. i dont have the magazine anymore, and i believe it was in a performance auto and sound magazine.
                        Yeah I know what car you are talking about! That was a really clean conversion and I wished CB headlights came like that stock. It made the car more aggressive looking. The guy got custom fenders made, hood etc. to get the front looking like that. From the front it really does look like a s14.

One conversion I would love to see is s15 silvia headlamps on a cb.
                        I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                        707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                        "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                        '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

..and the guy with the 240sx headlight conversion is named G2. He's friends with Huy009 from this board. He has a graphite 92 Accord, shaved side moldings, molded 3 piece wing, and the shop custom modded the fenders and hood to fit them perfectly.

I wanted to do that conversion but never did it.. but I do have the chops Eric did for me.

I'll post up G2's car tomorrow.. I have a lot of pics of it.

Comment

ive seen a 94-97 accord conversion, s14 conversion, r1 conversion. it looks like alot of headlights fit if you really want them too. its just a matter of creativity and funds to back it up.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

My Member Thread

^ Updated pics 3/3/06

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                              Here are some pics of the IS300 conversion about 3 years ago..

ahh, i miss those days of when HS was actually still alive. They just seemed so good back then..

Looks like he used feders and front bumper and probably hood from an integra

1966 Chevy Nova
                              1974 Super Beetle
                              2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
                              2004 Honda Element
                              2004 Honda Ruckus
                              2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
                              www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

Working...
                              X