Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Group order for window vents (subaru style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group order for window vents (subaru style)

So I have been emailing people since I got this car and only a couple of people have been willing to make parts for the cb7. I contacted a company a couple weeks ago about custom window vents and to my surprise they actually are willing to make a new line for the cb7 chassis. There are two requirements.

1) A minimum of 7 or more individuals willing to place a preorder at 15% off retail. Retail pricing is $160 without mesh and $190 with mesh plus shipping. The preorders would be 15% off that pricing.

2) An individual with the same model vehicle local to Bohemia, NY that is able to drop off the vehicle for a couple hours for us to design and test fit the window vents. Anybody want to jump on board? I will continue emailing and contacting companies to try to raise support for the chassis. This stuff is my life I can't let it die.

Ahh what does one use these for?

Comment

They are window vents. Primarily for the show car people I guess but new parts are new parts. I'm trying to do my piece and get parts made.

Comment

So quick question, are these going to be sedan or coupe? Or both?

Do you have any pictures of what these might look like. I've not really paid much attention to Subaru's so I'm not sure what their window vents look like.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I'm a noob. Do they go in easy / come out easy? The only function of these would be if you had a dog in the back or parked and want the heat to escape. But I mean, they're not secure right? Someone can just come and rip them out?

Comment

One you roll them up in your windows they lock in. I believe the stance kids like it because it makes the vehicle look tougher but it also serves a purpose as far as keeping the car cooler with no ac/heat and not dragging the car down with open windows. I wonder if they are legal for racing. Either way this could be new parts for the CB7. I'm not interested in them myself I'm doing this for the community. Support had been dwindling for a while now and if i can get some companies on board it would be awesome. Moii already did his part with chasing J's. We have burnt titanium cluster bezels now.
            Attached Files

Comment

I always assumed they were originally created to help with ventilation for when you're on a race track that requires you to have your windows rolled up. Like a loophole to the rule. Not sure if that's just a European rule I've heard of, though. Seems like they prefer turn signals to communicate passing over there, rather than hand gestures out the window. I know HPDE requires windows down.
              Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-25-2021, 03:44 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                I always assumed they were originally created to help with ventilation for when you're on a race track that requires you to have your windows rolled up. Like a loophole to the rule. Not sure if that's just a European rule I've heard of, though. Seems like they prefer turn signals to communicate passing over there, rather than hand gestures out the window. I know HPDE requires windows down.
                ahh ya, thanks, That's where I've seen these. I'll pass on these though, best of luck though!

Comment

Working...
                X