Replacement Trim for Fog Lamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Trim for Fog Lamps

I've been messing around for years trying to find a suitable bumper trim ever since the original faded into oblivion. After trying different versions I think (hope) I've found one that won't come loose. Found it an auto paint supplier locally. It's not thick and not tall since the bumper opening was originally cut based on the OEM template that came with the lamps. But this time the new molding has bead of adhesive that is encapsulated into it. It's was a real pain to install since it's so slender and stiff. I had really work at it to get it open so it would install onto the opening. The hardest parts were the corner radius' had to really pry it open with my fingers several times which was very tough.

Last edited by hiptech; 08-20-2021, 06:48 PM.
    My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

A heat gun (isn't it hot enough already in AZ?) might have softened it up some to help bend around the corners. I love how clean everything is behind the lights.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetw00d View Post
        A heat gun (isn't it hot enough already in AZ?) might have softened it up some to help bend around the corners. I love how clean everything is behind the lights.
        LOL it was 95°F in my garage and took almost 5 hours so the last thing I needed was a heat gun. Besides that would have only melted the adhesive inside the trim and made it worse.

It's both criminal and comical how age and heat conspire to make things harder than they need be...

Wait doesn't everybody pull their lights out to clean behind them every 3 months?
        My Collection:
        93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
        00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
        04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

I don't think I've had my front bumper off since I put it on after the paint job nine years ago.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
          X