Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pandem-style wide body IN PRODUCTION for the 4-doors!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pandem-style wide body IN PRODUCTION for the 4-doors!

The mold is being made, currently at +50mm (2") front, +70mm (2.75") rear:

*Obviously it should fit the wagon the same (more body work would probably need to be done in the bumper sections), and probably the coupe after filling in the door rear handle hole; I assume the wheelbase is the same between all models, so the side skirts probably wouldn't need shortening.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjgVYSYLFZZ/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CjZVIzIP5Na/

When checking out the post, you'll see I asked about custom widths, and they sound willing to work with individual orders!

I was already wanting to widen my wagon just a touch, to fit some 9" wheels under the car, so I might just go for a narrower version of this kit myself. Probably going to order a kit regardless (I guess sooner than planned now) just to have on hand for when that part of my build happens. Just need to be sure this is the style I'll be happy with before I go cutting up my rear fenders, haha.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-27-2022, 12:19 PM.

Accord Aero-R

I need wider wheels for sure! I'd be interested in this...

Comment

very nice custom work. cool to see this level of design/technology being applied to the chassis, it's the type of thing I know we all envisioned, but its nice to see somebody actually making moves in that realm.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Very cool! Great to see the cb getting attention. I looked at their site and the other kits prices are around $2k. You really gotta love your cb to drop that much on cosmetics.
        "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Contacted Mozy Garage through facebook (https://www.facebook.com/mozygarage) for updates and informed them where I had found out about this kit. So far it looks very good. I have some questions for them but I'll save them for when the molds are completed.

Normal price is $2k US
          Pre-order is $1500
          Deposit of $500

I asked if a group buy would be available. They said sure, to cut down on shipping cost,s and asked how many. Not knowing I linked them here.

"My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

A group buy would be far better advertised on Instagram/Facebook.

I would need to see it on a car before I made my decision, and give myself a long time to let the look settle in my head; I'm very picky about what goes on my car, especially considering it would be extremely hard to undo if I ended up not liking it. I don't want a wide body just for the sake of having a wide body; a lot of kits out there aren't still going to look good in ten years. I feel like this Pandem style will be more timeless, because it's loosely based on the box flares of the '80s and '90s that a lot of homologated "Evolution" cars had, but I can't help but be careful. Not to mention the group-buy price wouldn't apply to me anyway, because I'm not interested in going that wide with mine. I would want smaller fenders, requiring a custom job (back and forth with rendering to iron it out, and a one-off mold/print), and that could easily bump the price by a $1k.

Something simple like this below might actually make more sense for my build, I'm not sure yet. Narrow box flares have the potential to look goofy. For ideal wheels, I'm thinking something along the lines of 9" wide with +22 offset (it's a common size that leaves me open to future changes), but I need to get them in hand to make sure, see how much they poke at near-stock alignment (mine is a road trip build, after all), and then go from there. This company has inspired me to pick up my 'dream wheels' a lot sooner than planned, though, just to make sure I can get a body kit before they stop offering the service.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-24-2022, 11:34 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I ahh ...can't believe there's companies still producing stuff for the cb7... i feel like i should buy a CF hood just because they may not be around much longer .

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                I ahh ...can't believe there's companies still producing stuff for the cb7... i feel like i should buy a CF hood just because they may not be around much longer .
                That's where I'm at, thinking back on all the parts I couldn't afford back in the day. I just ordered the side skirts Ronald has in that photo I posted, and they were special order with a 3-4 month wait. I figure if I have a chance at owning something I wanted but never got around to getting back when I had my sedan, I'm taking it. Hopefully they're still made; I don't know if "special order" means ViS Racing has them on made-to-order status. I'm a bit gutted that the Spoon-style front lip I held onto is no longer replaceable. But OctaneMotorsports.com, where I ordered the skirts, has ViS's carbon hoods (OEM and the Evo style that I want) listed as ready to ship. They respond to emails quickly too, which is reassuring. So I'm thinking I might be using the winter to save up for that hood, I feel like it actually works with the CB's body lines:

kamaccord: https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/forum/...1990-accord-lx
                Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-25-2022, 07:27 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Wow.. I always had these VIS fenders but never knew what they were or could find them. Got them from some guys barn for $60. They are the VIS bullet fenders. Cool.

https://www.octanemotorsports.com/90...accord-4850188

Comment

Wow, that’s very cool! I really wanted to go widebody on my car early on.

the price is high, sure. But honestly it’s not too far off of quality body kit prices, even back in the day.
                    it’d be a $5000 job after installation and paint, plus whatever rust/dent repair is needed (because why invest so much in cosmetics if your car is dented and rusty?)

I hope this succeeds. The CB isn’t as common anymore, so the market is much smaller than it was a decade ago.

Comment

I commissioned this kit with Mozy. I’ll have this kit on this summer.

Comment

Working...
                      X