No announcement yet.

valve covers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That black does look nice. I would like to get a f22b1 cover and shave. Someting different for the sohc peeps
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

DAMN Keele i cant compete with your talent but here is my project so far

Phase 1 and 2 done.
      Phase 1 had the cover shaved and cleaned up(forgot to take pics)
      Phase 2 Powder coated red

PHASE 3 complete
      all the black is vinyl....i spent almost 4 hours trimming the shapes and molding them on the substrate.
      can barely walk now lol.....cant stay in a crossed legged position as long as i used to in the younger days :P
      oh also the centre cap is wrapped in vinyl for now as i needed to see how it would look. it will be sprayed in matt black or i just might get a CF or Kevlar centre cap

AND STILL NOT FINISHED

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
      — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Looks really good. I can understand the time you put into that cover.
        Thats what it's all about, taking something you have, that may look and be horrible, and making it into something beautifull and unique, that can hopefully stand the test of time.
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
          That black does look nice. I would like to get a f22b1 cover and shave. Someting different for the sohc peeps
          An F22B1 valve cover won't fit on an F22AX/F22B2/6.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
            Looks really good. I can understand the time you put into that cover.
            Thats what it's all about, taking something you have, that may look and be horrible, and making it into something beautifull and unique, that can hopefully stand the test of time.
            thanks mate

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
            — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              An F22B1 valve cover won't fit on an F22AX/F22B2/6.
              I'm fukin up here. I meant f22b2. I need to type slower.

I would like to get a f22b2 cover, and shave it. I never did a shaving b4. ill need to look up wats needed. A grinder of course, but what thickniess', and grits
              Last edited by F20A CB7; 11-02-2012, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I would like to get a f22b2 cover, and shave it. I never did a shaving b4. ill need to look up wats needed. A grinder of course, but what thickniess', and grits
                DON'T use a grinder on a valve cover, i ruined one that way. a D/A sander with various grits is what you need. have patience too.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Theirs many ways to skin that cat.
                  "Self Renewed"

Comment

Master Painter Keele, please shed some info on what you would do as far as shaving the letters off the cover.

Mr Steelblue, thank for input. Just curious to see what Mr Design has to say.

Comment

If you have access to a belt sander, that will be your easiest solution.
                      anything you use, da, angle grinder, air or electric.

any of the methods.
                      36 grit to take the majority of the name off with a steady hand.
                      50 grit to smooth the 36 grit out.
                      80 grit to smooth the name comepletly away, as 80 grit on metal really isn't that rough.
                      180 grit the entire cover to smooth it like butter.
                      at this point prime, or continue going finner and finner for polishing.
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                        My own doing, didn't turn out so hot. You can see where I went too far shaving the letters in a couple spots.

I'm wanting it redone before the end of the year if you're still taking custom orders, Keele?

I'm getting a spare Type-S cover, so with my 'custom' job, whether I end up doing it myself or not, will have a deleted cam gear cover and otherwise be as shaved as possible. Still matte black, I love the look.

I thought this looked familiar.

I'm in the process of working on this cover for him, without spilling the beans, it's bound to be my favorite of all time I've done to date. "Deevergote this is the direction I'd love to take yours as well"

ps. i wish you had sent my your intake pipe as well........................ it needs to match
                        pps. Your engine bay will need a little tlc to really look like something great otherwise this is bound to look like a jewel in a rock quary. Take this as constructive critisim, as I am not at all downgrading your car., I am reffering to using like AN braided vacume lines, mask'd off areas and paint your frame rails to shine, changing normal bolts for cheap stainless steal allen head bolts. You have the cam gears covered so thats awsome. Your engine bay is headed in the right direction to being something great, don't stop with the engine though.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
                        I just seen you have a bisi header and a awsome build going on... disregard my ignorance.
                        Last edited by KeeleDesign; 01-25-2013, 02:30 PM.
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Like I said, this is taking precision patience and a ton of time to make the contours perfect. This will be my favorit by all means.
                          Please keep being patient with me, I now remember why I don't do many anymore.... I just don't have time.

"Self Renewed"

Comment

So siiiiiiick!

I have my engine sitting at home until the build is done, and that is going to take quite a while. I'm in no hurry for you to get this back to me.

Regarding some of the details, I do eventually want a fully tucked and shaved engine bay but I also want to keep A/C, ABS, and P/S (I never use Cruise), so we'll see what can be done about that. I've seen some bays in HondaTuning with all the accessories that still looked really clean. And yeah, Bisi header (I'm now sure of this, vs a HyTech) and cam gears will accompany this valve cover. Maybe I'll send the cam gears out to you for a color match, eh? For the intake, I'm more going for function and plan to wrap it in that gold insulating tape. The modified AEM I have in those photos will not see that engine again; the new one will be a custom sort of in-bay "cold air intake." I wanna find some of those cool looking AN braided radiator hoses as well. Plus flush vc bolts, hex bolts everywhere else. The simple-ness of the Euro-R intake manifold will go well with this too, I think... or maybe I'll actually have to go through with my toying-with-the-idea idea of a K mani.

I can't thank you enough for the work you're putting into this. But thank you!
                            Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-01-2013, 04:18 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Gold insulation wrap, means you need the gold anodized cam gears, it will be a great contrast and pop, to displace the timing belt from the valve cover.

Everything sounds great.
                              "Self Renewed"

Comment

That is true. I kinda didn't realize that I'd have two random parts that happen to be the same color, lol

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X