Carbon Fiber Dash Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Fiber Dash Trim

Anyone have some pics of it installed.... any information on ordering and pics of it installed on a 4th gen accord is greatly appreciated.
    OS^e
    1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

i ordered mine from st. andre's out in cali- they source it from a company in canada. i believe the name is sherwood, but i may be incorrect. i'm not sure if you can get it directly from that company. i guess you could ask audio accord, lol. but seriously, maybe huy009 or one of those other canadians would know.

i like the way it looks. my interior is black and blue, so it matches well (as opposed to a tan area being where the dash kit goes). it was a way better way to go than paint. i figured i'd try to go with carbon fiber touches where i could- the hood, the dash kit, pedals, shifter, and e brake. might get the momo door sills down the road, but still debating that.

the fitment is great, as it overlays the existing dash as it should. pieces: 1. driver side window control 2. front dash, left of the steering column 3. front dash, right of the steering column around the ac control and radio (in picture) 4. ash tray (in picture) 5. cup holder (in picture) 6. shifter console (in picture)

for the coupe, there is no overlay for the clock nor the passenger side dash air vent. i didn't know this going into the purchase, but i figured i would get the dash kit from a reputable source/dealer as opposed to getting one with every single piece from a not so reputable dealer (jobloswherehouse.com or something like that).

putting it on was a cinch. the dash kit came with 3M adhesive enhancer... you peel the 3M tape off of the back of the dash kit piece, add the enhancer, press into place for about 10-20 seconds and presto, piece is on. they also suggest heating the piece with a blow dryer or other heating element to get the pieces to be soft and felxible, but there aren't really any curves for it to fit. i did however use a heating element just to be safe.

i've had the kit in now for 6 months without any problems. i don't forsee any problems with it as the 3M stuff sticks like crazy. as an interior mod, i'd highly recommend it. no it doesn't save weight, but i think that it dresses up the interior nicely.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Im glad to here that at least someone thinks like me

How much you pay for it... I've got a coupe so I guess the clock piece will just stay black
      OS^e
      1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

$223.37

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
          $223.37
          holy crap man...

am i the only one who doesnt even like carbon fiber at all, not even as a hood?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

You can find carbon fiber dash kits on eBay for about 125 or something like that.

Comment

youre not alone mike, i dont much care for it either. I mean its okay, its almost black, but almost black doesnt cut it for me.
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

update-

i've had the carbon fiber dash kit now for over a year and a half now. no problems whatsoever- no loss of finish, no peeling, no nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                  holy crap man...

am i the only one who doesnt even like carbon fiber at all, not even as a hood?

I'm not a huge can of carbon fiber anymore.. I thought I would love the look of it with my hood, but I realized I would rather have a whole car as 1 color. I mean they add style, but just personal opinion.

I do have a CF gauge bezel that I paid $9 for, because my chrome one was ugly!

Shawn, I wouldn't put the dash trim in.. use the money for something else. It's your car and do what you like, but is it really worth the money just for 3M 2 sided tape wrapped in c/f overlay?
                  Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                  2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                  2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                  2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

damn i was thinking about this last night actually, i might do it sometime soon.

its appealing, i mean it covers plain, boring black trim. and i would get the gauge bezel to compliment it as well.
                    '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                    -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                    -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                    -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                    10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
                      $223.37

Comment

i just spray painted my gauge bezel the color of my car, it looks very nice i think...and if i was to get some dash trim i would get the wood looking kind, i know our cars arent that luxurious but i bet it would look good....but there is no way im paying that much money just for some tape overlayed like rebels said

Comment

Looks killer man, Love that CF!
                          If you can't hear it before you can see it...It's not worth it.
                          The Pop Tarts guy says: BAAAAAAAAAAYUM!
                          But Lil' Jon says: YEEEEEEEEEEEEAYUH!...and OKAAAAAAAYEH!
                          EATSLEEPDRIVE

Comment

Working...
                          X