No announcement yet.

Another BB6 dash swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so I used the wrong suede and it has already faded.

click to see my ride
    click to check out my bb6 dash swap

Comment

Originally posted by moetan View Post
      so I used the wrong suede and it has already faded.
      Faded? Like no longer black? I used a not so great suede on my custom dash, and the thin fabric essentially some of the 3m glue through which gave it a yellow tint. Didn't show up right away either, took a few weeks but I'm wondering if that's what happened with yours.
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Still have a lot to do but its in.

Just. Wow. Great work!

Comment

I'm not really sure if it was the quality of the material or the adhesive but it has gotten pretty bad. As soon as I have time I'm going to flock it like I wanted to from the beginning. I talked to Flockit.com and they said they have a black flock that is designed for outdoor use and that I shouldn't have any problems with it fading anytime soon.

click to see my ride

Comment

I'm not really sure if it was the quality of the material or the adhesive but it has gotten pretty bad. As soon as I have time I'm going to flock it like I wanted to from the beginning. I talked to Flockit.com and they said they have a black flock that is designed for outdoor use and that I shouldn't have any problems with it fading anytime soon.
            yeah not surprised... i still need to find a suitable cover option for my dash, update us!

Comment

will do, winter started a little early so i'm waiting for it to warm up just a little before I flock it. I don't want it to take like a month to dry.

click to see my ride

Comment

I think I'm gonna try somwthing else, there is a local chick who does car vinyl wraps, and she said she has done a couple dashes that seem to be holding up well so far. Worth a try! Will probably not gonna Happen for a couple months but I'll try to update you when I do.

Comment

have you thought about using genuine Alcantara? its a lil more expensive but in opinion worth it.

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175158

Comment

There is a local chick who does vinyl car wraps, shesaid she has done a couple dashes with good results so that is probably the route I will go in the spring.

Comment

Very nice work! I love to see projects like this being done. So much is halfassed on these cars lately... it's refreshing to see someone really taking the time and putting forth the effort to do something carefully and correctly!

Comment

Working...
                      X