Shift knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shift knob

How do I tell if a shift knob will fit on my car?

I want to put a wood datsun shift knob on mine

Unless you know the thread size and pitch of both, or have verification from someone else that a certain one will fit, you won't know.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      Unless you know the thread size and pitch of both, or have verification from someone else that a certain one will fit, you won't know.
      I don't suppose you know the thread size and pitch of ours do you?

And if the thread pitch on the datsuns is smaller could I re-tap and dye it

Comment

If the threads are different you could always find the right pitched nut bore the wood base if need be, wood glue the nut into or on the base and putty if need be. I had a friend do a custom one off wooding knob for my old ef it was simple on that part of the shifter, and it was nice and sturdy i should have kept it.

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

its like 1.25 m i think
          MRTvvv
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193522

Comment

Working...
          X