Using 90-91 clock spring or steering column in 92-93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using 90-91 clock spring or steering column in 92-93

Basically, I have a 93 Accord that I ruined my old clockspring in. I really want to use a 3rd gen Prelude or a 90-91 CB7 Steering wheel. I've seen multiple write ups for keeping the horn with the SRS column, but those are usually for aftermarket steering wheels, or somewhat... ghetto.

Essentially, I want to have a horn, and I want everything to fit properly. Right now, I can use a earlier Accord steering wheel, but it doesn't allow my turn signals to return, it rubs against my plastic cover, and it's too close to my turn signals. Oh, and I have no real way of plugging my horns in.

I was planning on just taking an older steering column and swapping it over, but I'm worried that the wiring will not fit over, AND since I have a Wagon, I'm worried that my rear window wiper stalk won't work.

So, if I can get all that to work, I'll just go get a non SRS column, if not, can I just use a non SRS clock spring?

Please help me thank you.

Originally posted by Frijoles View Post
    Basically, I have a 93 Accord that I ruined my old clockspring in. I really want to use a 3rd gen Prelude or a 90-91 CB7 Steering wheel. I've seen multiple write ups for keeping the horn with the SRS column, but those are usually for aftermarket steering wheels, or somewhat... ghetto.

Essentially, I want to have a horn, and I want everything to fit properly. Right now, I can use a earlier Accord steering wheel, but it doesn't allow my turn signals to return, it rubs against my plastic cover, and it's too close to my turn signals. Oh, and I have no real way of plugging my horns in.

I was planning on just taking an older steering column and swapping it over, but I'm worried that the wiring will not fit over, AND since I have a Wagon, I'm worried that my rear window wiper stalk won't work.

So, if I can get all that to work, I'll just go get a non SRS column, if not, can I just use a non SRS clock spring?

Please help me thank you.
    I literally just put a 90/91 wheel on my 91 wagon. The wagons have SRS bags so I'm at the same issue you are with the clock wheel. Today when I get home I was going to look for a solution on to how to get it working without changing any major components. I will keep you updated if I figure something out.
    For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Here's how I fixed mine, I tacted little beads onto the wheel so it's long enough to turn that metal piece for the clickers.
      Last edited by BreckAConner; 06-02-2015, 11:07 PM.
      For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Working...
      X