Ebay black interior door handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone seen this before? Bought these cheap door handles and you have to change the lock over. But the screw holes don't line up on the drivers door. All other handles have no issue. EBay seller says no-one else has this issue but if I look for door handles from China on ebay I see this problem alot. Jdm thing? But only for one door.....weird...

Original on the bottom.

He refunded me $5 for one handle but I don't think he should be selling these handles if they don't fit.

40 views and no answers. Interesting. No-one has ran into this before?

Comment

weird. can you try using one of the switches from one of the other doors (might they be reversed for the other side of the car?) i bought the coupe ones but haven't installed them yet, never heard of anybody having an issue like this before.

maybe try scuffing it up, then sticking a glob of JB Weld / epoxy putty in the corners where the screw holes are supposed to be. Then you can drill little pilot holes and screw it down.
      Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-31-2016, 11:23 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
        weird. can you try using one of the switches from one of the other doors (might they be reversed for the other side of the car?) i bought the coupe ones but haven't installed them yet, never heard of anybody having an issue like this before.

maybe try scuffing it up, then sticking a glob of JB Weld / epoxy putty in the corners where the screw holes are supposed to be. Then you can drill little pilot holes and screw it down.
        I hear ya. but the passenger side is fine. And the lock switches are the same orientation for both doors. Looking online this seems to be a common thing for those selling the cheap handles.

Edit: Had the seller check his stock and all of his drivers side door handles have this problem.
        Last edited by Raf99; 05-31-2016, 12:32 PM.

Comment

how come you didnt just mod (plastic paint,vinyl dye) some oem ones? the fit and finish is probably 100xs better. my first cb i had to replace the passenger handle,they were the beige ones, it looked fine fit a little tight, and the chrome pull snapped in half like 2 days later lol. i just left it, if you used your thumb it worked fine, told my girl friends theres no escaping the rape mobile (not that rape is funny, but my friends knew my dry humor)

honestly i wouldnt mess with it will probably be a headache down the road, the hole looks like its off a few millimeters too next to the oem one

but if you stick with it, maybe fashion a little piece of metal to fit over the switch and use the existing incorrect screw standoffs.

Comment

I bought a ebay door handle before and ran into the same problem, but I expected it because there was a thread on here stating that. the screw doesn't line up but the clip behind still holds tightly enough where i have no issues of it coming off.

if i recall i paid $8 bucks shipped for mine, the dealer sells them for $20 and those fit perfectly

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
            "2SIIC"
            Authentic Jerseys for sale
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Oh no. Didn't know about this either.

Comment

So ya, guess I'll do what illinois_erik said and fashion some kind of metal bracket to hold it in there. I just thought someone would have an answer for this or know why this defect is present (like JDM cars have the lock the other way, etc.).

Comment

Can't you just order the Black '91 SE door handles? You have a sedan, so you have the option. Unlike those of us with coupes that have to buy the eBay handles. I don't know if they are still available from Honda anymore though. The last time I looked into it they were. I know it costs a bit more, but you don't have to worry about the quality of the plastic and the chrome on the handles. Perfect fit every time.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                    Can't you just order the Black '91 SE door handles? You have a sedan, so you have the option. Unlike those of us with coupes that have to buy the eBay handles. I don't know if they are still available from Honda anymore though. The last time I looked into it they were. I know it costs a bit more, but you don't have to worry about the quality of the plastic and the chrome on the handles. Perfect fit every time.
                    From Honda you mean?

Comment

I bought eBay door handles for my car and the whole thing as reversed. The mould they are using to make them is incorrect.

Do not buy eBay door handles, just find good condition OEM,worth it every time! The ones I have right now don't even fit. Terrible, terrible items.
                      sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Yes from Honda, Raf sorry.
                        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by lbus9168 View Post
                          I bought eBay door handles for my car and the whole thing as reversed. The mould they are using to make them is incorrect.

Do not buy eBay door handles, just find good condition OEM,worth it every time! The ones I have right now don't even fit. Terrible, terrible items.
                          Same issue or just bad fitment?

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                          Yes from Honda, Raf sorry.
                          I'll call them up today and quote a price just for shits and giggles.

Comment

The black door handles are no longer available from the dealer..

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              Same issue or just bad fitment?
                              Not the same issue, like, the handles are upside down
                              sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Working...
                              X