Originally posted by eulogy_1981 View Post
    here is my shift nob
    one off

Leave a comment:

• Luna92
    replied
    Originally posted by my 9t9d View Post

just tyring something diffrent!!!
    shit.... Sorry to be a buzz kill but it's hard to different in the hinda world. Had mine done a while now.

Leave a comment:

• Tippey764
    replied
    Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
    There's like... NO other autos on this besides the post above me, haha!

well, I guess it's about time automatic transmissions start getting represented, starting with the post above me, and mine. I hope this inspires some automatic folks that you can do something with autos besides just a shift knob.

I'm using:
    -90-91 Accord automatic transmission shift knob (I like it because it's not plain like the 92-93's, and I like playing around with the button haha)
    -Black vinyl shift boot from eBay intended for MT, adapted to my AT setup.

Before shift boot install:

After shift boot install:

Going for a more luxurious, fuller look for my interior, and that bare stick was an eyesore for me. I spraypainted the black shifter molding to silver metallic to emulate the look of shift plates from luxury line cars

I wanted the shift boot feel, but i also wanted something that wouldn't hide the gear indicator lights. Then I saw this in a parking lot one time and I figured out the solution.

The shift boot definitely makes shifting way funner, even in an automatic, because it provides some resistance when you shift and the creaking of the vinyl satisfies my desire for a manual (the sound, haha!), and I can't imagine my car without it anymore. Looking back at before and after pictures, it really does fill in the void around that area and makes it look so much better than just a bare stick.
    That actually looks good. You did a much better job then trying to make your automatic look like a manual. Man i wish i would have taken the black auto shift knob from the 91 SE yesterday i would have given it to you to complete the look you have going on.

Leave a comment:

• Nurega
    replied
    Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
    I got a JDM CTR shift boot and ITR Shift knob
    Brand new muahaha
    My actual shifter needs to lose an inch in height however, my boot is being stretched
    Heres one from when I was doing my swap
    HOLY SHIT is that an S2000 wheel? That looks unbelievable!

Leave a comment:

• jimy
    replied
    custom Hmong fabric shift boot with Trust shift knob. Nothing like adding a little of your culture to your car.

Last edited by jimy; 01-25-2010, 07:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nine_deuce
    replied
    I wondered what the Honda Element shift knob looks like. Someone beat me to the one at the junk yard here

Leave a comment:

• eulogy_1981
    replied
    here is my shift nob

Leave a comment:

• JoshM
    replied
    Originally posted by accord_rider View Post
    yo josh. i like that shift knob. got any top/angled pics?? and is it threaded??
    I love it. It's the perfect size IMO. It is threaded, but you have to trim off the clips that held it onto it's original shift boot.

I'll try to get a better picture of it tonight or tomorrow.

Here's the copper edition one, it shows the clips on the bottom you have to cut off:

Leave a comment:

• [sLow]CB
    replied
    Originally posted by JoshM View Post
    Custom short shifter
    Black suede shift boot w/ red stitching
    Honda Element knob

yo josh. i like that shift knob. got any top/angled pics?? and is it threaded??

Leave a comment:

• P5ylance
    replied
    Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
    ya man thats fuin sweet, i like it, nice job
    haha thanks a lot, it took a bit of creativity to get the idea rolling but it's a very simple but rewarding visual enhancement. also, i creased up the shift boot so that when i shift into d, the boot doesn't scrunch to the side like it did before. now its all symmetrical anytime i shift

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
    cf boot, wtf
    have you not seen this before? it's been around for a long time. when it's done with actual carbon cloth it is badass, but carbon snags really easy and looks like crap pretty quick.

Leave a comment:

• 1BadCB
    replied

Titanium blue Ebay shift knob
    MOMO leather boot with blue stitching

Leave a comment:

• JoshM
    replied
    Custom short shifter
    Black suede shift boot w/ red stitching
    Honda Element knob

Leave a comment:

• F20A CB7
    replied
    Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
    Not the best pics of it...
    EF's shift knob
    carbon fiber boot

cf boot, wtf

Leave a comment:

• F20A CB7
    replied
    Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
    There's like... NO other autos on this besides the post above me, haha!

ya man thats fuin sweet, i like it, nice job

Leave a comment:

Working...
X