• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: gsr/ls seats

Originally posted by throwback CBVII
    do teg seats fit into my cb7, preferably the gsr/ls seats
    i'll refer you to my earlier post:
    Originally posted by uncle_el
    i don't know about fitting seats that weren't designed for your car. while you may be able to get a seat that you desire to fit onto a bracket that will fit your car, you may end up testing the waters if you get into an accident. but i suppose that you are at the mercies of past honda engineers if you get into an accident.

your best bet is to look at the specs of the seat(s) you are inquiring about. you need to find the length and width of the seating surface,and compare it to the length and width of your current stock seat. if the seat is too wide, it won't fit properly in the car, regardless of the brackets on the bottom.

after that, you would need to take a look at how the brackets are positioned on the bottom of the seat. as you found out with the crx seats, it will be very difficult if the mounting of the desired seat is not bottom mount.

then, you'll need to find out the length of the brackets on the desired seat. it's best if you can use the brackets that exist in the desired seat, so as not to rip out the brackets and put in your own, as it will decrease the integrity of the seat itself. it makes sense to find a bracket length as close as possible (if not exact) to that of the cb7, so that it will fit in the tracks.

synopsis: dimensions of desired seat compared to the stock seat, bracket positioning, bracket length of desired seat.

you could theoretically, if you didn't care about having a seat that slides forward and backward, bolt the seat directly into the floor. i've only seen it done in a 240sx, and it was a show car at that.
    the only way to know is to try. my guess is that it wouldn't work.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Re: gsr/ls seats

Originally posted by throwback CBVII
      do teg seats fit into my cb7, preferably the gsr/ls seats
      To make it short...no. The only seats I've figured out that can fit into the CB7's are Accord seats. All of the front seats fit any I believe but if you have a 4 door you need the 4 door bench...if you have a 2 door...you need the 2 door bench. Sucks huh? I wanted CRX fronts...oh well.
      + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Where is the best place to get leather seats

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
        the rear seats look and work with no problem.. i tried to buy it from him but he wouldn't sell to me; and they were leather too.
        I have stains all over my seats and would like to replace with black leather. Does anyone know where get these seats in good condition or is someone willing to sell some out there
        Girls are like yellow lights, do i go for it or do i stop?

Comment

The CRX seats DO fit. I proved that one. ANY seats will fit if you mod them to make them fit. Look at my DIY on it in the DIY section
          "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
          sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
          Did work for: jhoff_cb7
          Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectCB7
            I didn't buy it to put in my car I bought it for a tv seat. It's a shame that it doesn't fit though. It sucks that the Preludes won't fit. Looks like I'll have my factory ones for ever...
            i just put 91 lude seats in my 4th gen accord

Comment

you never truly know until you try it.....so what are you waiting for?

Comment

I realize this thread is from the year 04-05. I used google, came upon this thread, anyone care to update if they used other seats?

I was thinking recaros and looks like the only time it was mentioned was in the first post.

Comment

literally the first choice when I googled "what seats fit cb7tuner"

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20158

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                  It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I googled " how to make recaros fit into my cb7 "

But then as I read this thread it got interesting, so I wondered if any updates, but thanks ill read that thread.

Interesting, that thread branches out of this thread. Thanks for the link quash
                    Last edited by Turbo617; 01-07-2014, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Recaros is pretty vague. Do you have a certain model you are trying to fit in your CB?

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Honestly I don't know specifics, I just know I like the all black and the all red.. The one posted with the half nd half I don't really like

Comment

Working...
                        X