glove box alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glove box alignment

for some reason my glove box is looking like shit,if you look at the top of it the space gets bigger as you go towards the passenger side,if you look at it from thedrivers seat,the space on the top is normal on the drvers side then as you go down towards the passenger side it gets bigger and bigger and it looks like shit,anyway to adjust the glove box???thanks

probobly the srews came off from the passenger side...get under it and check if all the screws are still there...you should see 2 hinges one on the left and one on the right each with 2 small screws...im thinking you might be missing the right screws thats why it looks lower...theres no way of aligning it so if its not that that i dont know. hope this helped out

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

thanks i will check that out tommorrow its dark out here,i am glad somone finally answerd,i see a lot of 90-93 accords with this problem.thanks again

Comment

Ive tried aligning mine in the past, its not possible... its just how the glove box sits. Its a very very common problem though. If you find a way to get it straightened, be sure to let us know!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

common problem like the climate control knobs

Comment

I think "common" is an understatement... I haven't seen one without the problem.

Comment

What are you guys talking about? I have never seen this on a cb7 before, but its a very common problem? Mine sits perfectly, so did my moms when she had it, and come to think of it my buddies 4th gen doesnt have this problem either??? Theres not like anything you can wedge under the hinges on one side to alighn it better or sumthin?

Climate control knobs??? Whats the deal with those, mine look fine...

Jay
              Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

jay,the climate control knob breaks loose from the climate control cable,you cant see it but you can feel it it is very loose,and i found out the problem with the glove box everyone,it cant be fixed unless you invest in a new one,i looked at mine and if you open it up and look at the top edge of the glove box "door" you can see that the right side of it is kind of bent downwards i dont know the exact reason but it is so i'll have to deal with it.

Comment

yup mine sits like that to cant do nothing about
                  cb7 sold
                  2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
                  95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

I figured someone was eventually going to bring this up. I thought about it but forgot to post it. But, yeah rack another one up for the misaligned glove box. I asked a guy at the shop I go to and he said that I might should try tightening the latch screws. I haven't tried it yet but I think I might in the morning. I will let ya'll know if it helps.
                    FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

mine too.

the light inside my glove box shines out too which looks really cool.

Comment

I fixed my squeak and improved the alignment a good amount. I placed about five small washers on each side behind the hinge where it attatches to the actual glovebox. It moved it up a little and no more noise!

Comment

Ha ! and I thought I was the only one with this problem .. I've never seen another cb7
                          myself with this problem .. but .. I took my car in for an oil change and before I left,
                          I asked my guy to check it out .. when I got back .. he told me he took a look at it ..
                          and that he din have the time to get into it .. and when I come back the next time ..
                          he'd take the time and remove that side of the dash .. and see what it could be ..

I've tried getting under there .. and let me tell you man .. thas a tite fit ... lol .. and dark
                          but .. wut the heck ..if he's gonna remove one side .. lets take the whole thing out ..
                          I've been wanting to paint mine anyhow .. did anyone see that *yellow* CB7 dash ..
                          that was on eBay just recently? ... heheh .. I wont do yellow .. but .. been reading alotta
                          diff threads about interior painting here .. and ummm .. i'ma give it a try .. it's gotta be
                          a whole lot easier with the dash out ... I believe someone here painted they're dash
                          without removing it ? ug ... I'd really *butcher* it up without removing it .. lol ..

A Hui Hou !!
                          Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

i recently looked at mine and i noticed the screw have came loose under the glove box where the hing conects to it. i tried tightin it up but you cant get it with a screw driver you have to do it by hand but it helped it out some so it doesnt sag as much
                            cb7 sold
                            2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
                            95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Oboy ... I'm bringing this thread back from dead, in hopes that someone *new* has
                              experienced this as well, and might have a *solution*?

As I mentioned in my .. ahem .. earlier post, I never did figure this out..annd ..
                              getting down there to *inspect* this pesky pest, is really a pita !!!

Anyone who hasnt seen or read this thread, have any idea's? What were *your* solutions?

Thanks in advance,
                              Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X