Armrest, doesnt fit....needs pix installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armrest, doesnt fit....needs pix installed

hey guys i bought an armrest and it doesnt fit into my center console, my center console is like too wide for it or something, anyone got pix of an armrest installed, from different angles?

my car: Canadian 1991 Accord LX Coupe (base model, handbrake in center)
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

is the center console from a 90-91? and armrest?
    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

my car is 90/91 but not sure where the armrest is from, probably 92/93. I think i can make it fit, just stretch the metal out a bit, im gonna give it a try But pix of armrests installed would help a lot! Thanks!
      1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77
        my car is 90/91 but not sure where the armrest is from, probably 92/93. I think i can make it fit, just stretch the metal out a bit, im gonna give it a try But pix of armrests installed would help a lot! Thanks!
        If you're planning to stretch the metal out a bit, then you must be referring to the metal frame found on the 90/91 armrest. The 92/93 armrest is entirely plastic and replaces the entire rear half of the 92/93 center console. Not to mention, it's pretty big.

I'm thinking you have a 90/91 armrest if you mentioned that metal frame.

Does it look like the one in this thread?:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63081

And check out AccordWarrior's members ride thread, he's got a 90/91 armrest.

Comment

thats exactly what mine is.....it has a metal frame, plastic over it. How come it doesnt fit into my car? my console is too wide....for it

Comment

This is what it looks like below, my console seems too wide for it....i dont get it, it like doesnt fit at all?

Comment

I can't see pics because of work, but hopefully my assumptions aren't wrong.

The Canadian 90-91 and the USDM 90-91 were different in terms of the e-brake console. The Canadian cars had no autobelt, which means that the console is wide like a 92-93 console.

The USDM cars had a skinny e-brake console because of the bulky autobelt belting system.

Comment

hmph...it's a 9091..but like accordwarrior said, the CDM plays a role in it not fitting correctly.

wanna sell it?

Comment

im gonna try to make it fit, i kinda like the other style more, like the one in yemans picture. My console looks just as wide as that......and i dont have autoseatbelt.

Comment

It all makes sense now! You prob. wouldn't want to convert to a US 90/91 console right? You could prob. make that armrest work w/ the 92/93 style console, I've thought about it too.

Comment

Working...
                    X