JDM ONE Piece 1992-1993 H1 Headlight Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM ONE Piece 1992-1993 H1 Headlight Harness

Can someone clarify what H1 High Beam Bulbs Fit the 1992-1993 CB9 Headlight. Also Instruction/Wiring Diagram I have the H1 Harness but seems to be single wire for the H1.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-H1-H3-H...item35a6b98527

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

u just answered your own question
    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
      u just answered your own question
      So I just plug wire the positive side of the cable to the Female Connector and that its? Doesn't the bulb need ground ? Should I ground the negative to chassis? The Low beam was easy but I never got the harness for the High Beam I noticed H1 bulbs look like this.

The Female harness connector is a Single Wire and the CB7 Harness is 2 Wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex13mod View Post
        Can someone clarify what H1 High Beam Bulbs Fit the 1992-1993 CB9 Headlight. Also Instruction/Wiring Diagram I have the H1 Harness but seems to be single wire for the H1.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-H1-H3-H...item35a6b98527
        Usually the jdm headlamps will come with a white adapter that plugs into the bulb itself. The adapter has 2 prongs which serve as the negative and positive.

If you are missing this, you can use what you have, you just need to mate the H1 bulb to a ground source....but that can be tricky.

If you are handy with modifying stuff, you could break a H7 bulb and use the bottom base of the bulb to make an adapter yourself.

An easier way would be sourcing the black adapters off a 1st gen RSX. These are a little taller and have a "X" style shape but can be modified to fit our cars with a little dremel work and or bending the looping clip accordingly.

I need a custom turbo manifold built....
        707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
        "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
        '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei View Post
          Usually the jdm headlamps will come with a white adapter that plugs into the bulb itself. The adapter has 2 prongs which serve as the negative and positive.

If you are missing this, you can use what you have, you just need to mate the H1 bulb to a ground source....but that can be tricky.

If you are handy with modifying stuff, you could break a H7 bulb and use the bottom base of the bulb to make an adapter yourself.

An easier way would be sourcing the black adapters off a 1st gen RSX. These are a little taller and have a "X" style shape but can be modified to fit our cars with a little dremel work and or bending the looping clip accordingly.

So High Beams is a H7 Bulb not H1? H1 bulb doesn't have a positive and a negative as per pic above.

Comment

bump**

Comment

go snip some connectors off a woodbe subaru and use that .
              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

the frame of the H1 is the ground. like kurobei said, there is usually a white plastic "base" piece that comes with the headlights, it acts as a socket for the H1 bulb, as well as provides the mounting plate, with two regular pins sticking out if the back.

sounds like you are missing this little piece. and that is why he recommended cutting up an H7 bulb. otherwise youll just have to find a way to make the bulb stay in place (re-form the spring wire?) and also a way to connect a wire to the frame of the bulb for ground.

See the yellowish units. "h1 bulb connectors" Mine are white plastic.

Last edited by cp[mike]; 02-07-2012, 12:48 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Hope that can help in anyway

H4 and H1 headlight Conversion

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
                  1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

Comment

Thanks Guys :-)

Comment

It is becoming a difficult task finding that adapter :-/

This is what I got set up so far maybe any ideas what I can use to hold the H1 in place (with this H1 Ceramic Harness)

Last edited by Alex13mod; 02-10-2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

*Bump* Anyone have assistance- I don't feel like buying 2 brand new 13 each H7 bulbs just to break them.

Comment

why dont you put the ground cable to the medal bracket that hold the bulb in place?

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
                          1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                            the frame of the H1 is the ground. like kurobei said, there is usually a white plastic "base" piece that comes with the headlights, it acts as a socket for the H1 bulb, as well as provides the mounting plate, with two regular pins sticking out if the back.

sounds like you are missing this little piece. and that is why he recommended cutting up an H7 bulb. otherwise youll just have to find a way to make the bulb stay in place (re-form the spring wire?) and also a way to connect a wire to the frame of the bulb for ground.

See the yellowish units. "h1 bulb connectors" Mine are white plastic.

This bro ^^^^
                            you need the bulb connector

03 bmw's and rsx's have them. ive done many HID swaps for people.
                            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Had bad luck at junk yard will try tomorrow again. I'm surprised no auto part store sell it.

Comment

Working...
                              X