parking pole harness question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parking pole harness question

Is there an install guide for the parking pole harness like the fogs? Curious on which plugs go where. I have an oem harness and cb bumper pole. I've gotten it to go up but won't go back down? It also seems sluggish and not very responsive when wanting to go up. I've tested the pole and know it's good I'm afraid I don't have the harness installed correctly. To be honest I'm not even sure how the harness is suppose to work lol I assume you push it to go up and push it back to allow it to go down.

The pole has 4 wires coming off of it. I believe 2 are for the motor and 2 are for the light on the pole. I do not have the light hooked up atm.

Thanks in advance!
    93 Honda Accord Lx
    Check it out A.O.M. 11/2014

Some pics of how the connects look, I'm not sure which plugs go in the spot under the dash (1,2,3,5).

93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

After looking around I do see that I am missing the plug for the light on the switch I believe. The switch it came with only has a black and green wire and there's 4 slots total. That's the only thing I believe I'm missing. It works but I have to hit the switch like ten times and then it starts to go up but doesn't retract when I push the plug to the "off/down" position. I believe that would be a relay issue? Would that cause the other issues I'm having with it, where it doesn't wanna go up? When it does it starts and stops.
      93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

I believe you have a relay issue or the relay is not "timed" correctly. Honda recycles a lot of parts for different cars. I'm running a non-CB relay with my CB button. There is a dial on the relay which controls the duration the relay is turned on. This is there because there are different sized poles depending on the Honda model. I backed out the relay dial mostly all the way because the pole mast i was running was shorter than the standard cb pole.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
        JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
        1994 Prelude V-Tec
        1999 CL 3.0
        2000 Prelude
        2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
        1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
        1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"