JDM Cluster question.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM Cluster question.....

So I found a JDM cluster on Ebay, but it shows blue bulbs....WTF...I thought the JDM cluster was amber.....can someone shed some light on the subject.....maybe it's just in the 2.0Si...I dunno!
    1991 Honda Accord Ex
    Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
    Totoro Squad #2

could be modified like how we modify clusters here stateside...

just because its JDM doesnt mean that its going to be OEM.

Comment

The bulbs look like the stock bulbs that come out of the US clusters though......here's a link....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...gory=6755&rd=1
      1991 Honda Accord Ex
      Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

Road Race #1
      Totoro Squad #2

Comment

haha.. sorry they arent "blue" those are the covers on the bulbs. the light putput is a green similar to ours. and if i were you id have just saved and hot linked the pic or something. but i wouldnt have bid on that anyways since i dont want an autp cluster.. but GL

Comment

Not all JDM clusters were amber, in fact the majority of them are the same color as our USDM ones. Only a few rare ones are actually amber if memory serves me right (its early)

Comment

I think it was like the Si or SiR cluster from the JDM accord that had the amber numbers and such. "Hard to come by" doesn't even begin to describe how tough it is to find.
            Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
            D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
            ┴─┴
            ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
              haha.. sorry they arent "blue" those are the covers on the bulbs. the light putput is a green similar to ours. and if i were you id have just saved and hot linked the pic or something. but i wouldnt have bid on that anyways since i dont want an autp cluster.. but GL
              Ooh I wasn't interested in the Cluster anyways....like you said....its auto...plus I want one that is amber.
              1991 Honda Accord Ex
              Pics of the beast!

Road Race #1
              Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune
                I think it was like the Si or SiR cluster from the JDM accord that had the amber numbers and such. "Hard to come by" doesn't even begin to describe how tough it is to find.
                I hear ya!
                1991 Honda Accord Ex
                Pics of the beast!

Road Race #1
                Totoro Squad #2

Comment

good luck on finding the amber cluster I've been looking for it for about a year now
                  OS^e
                  1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

The jdm cluster has amber writing on the actual face of the cluster. All the lettering/numbering is actually amber...the bulbs could still be blue and it'd shine through amber. And yes, uber rare. If you're fortunate enough to come by a set, prepare to sacrafice your first born.

My members ride thread

Comment

So you're saying if Im able to find a JDM manual cluster.....then buy it? I was gonna anyways! Do the plugs/wires match up? I am thinking that they don't.
                      1991 Honda Accord Ex
                      Pics of the beast!

Road Race #1
                      Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Honestly, who cares if they don't match up. I cant see why they wouldn't, but either way there's no reason not to buy one. Buy it, then sell it in the classifieds for 3x as much as you paid. I guarantee someone will bite. I know I would, and my cars auto!
                        Fix your Computer!

D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                        ┴─┴
                        ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

wow, I learn something new everyday. What year did it come off of? That would be cool to have.

Comment

A friend in Japan confirmed that this guage belongs in the 1992 Si-T. It's not from a Vigor, Legend or an Ascot.

Its from the JDM Honda Gods.

Comment

Originally posted by xaxis360

A friend in Japan confirmed that this guage belongs in the 1992 Si-T. It's not from a Vigor, Legend or an Ascot.

Its from the JDM Honda Gods.
                              Fuck me sideways, I wish I had that cluster!

And does the TCS stand for "traction control system"? I can't even fathom an accord having a system like that.
                              Last edited by Masamune; 08-02-2005, 03:28 PM.
                              Fix your Computer!

┌─┐
                              ┴─┴
                              ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Working...
                              X