Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 pc headlight source, too good to be true?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 pc headlight source, too good to be true?!

here's the link:

jdm one piece headlights for the cb7

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/autosonic/90acjdmonepi.html

i'm waiting for a response from the website just to see all of the particulars about the headlights (are harnesses included, are they brand new or pulled off of a wrecked car).

does it sound too good to be true though? $199 for the headlights is a good price, but all of the more legit places sell 'em for $500 or more.

i'm just wondering what the catch is. any thoughts would definitely be appreciated. i'll let you know if and when i get a response.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

damn, apparently i missed the whole: jdm, used, mint portion lol!

well, maybe this link will be a good one for those who want jdm headlights besides myself.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
      damn, apparently i missed the whole: jdm, used, mint portion lol!

well, maybe this link will be a good one for those who want jdm headlights besides myself.
      ooh.. thank you for this link. I've been trying to find a good source instead of ebay.

Comment

yea, i prefer to go through some more legitimate source... not that this is the greatest. but i guess i'll have more peace of mind than just off some random guy/gal off ebay. i've still yet to buy anything off of ebay, lol.

just need to make sure my $$$ is cool before i hop onto these.

please pass this link on to our cb7 brethren!

Comment

i guess i'm still trying to weed through the people who know their stuff and the morons, lol. but i also like the fact you an pay with a credit card and not have to go through paypal. and free shipping sounds good as well.

Comment

yea just do your research and check feedback out and whatever. he sells many jdm parts on ebay as autoxsonic, just apparently has a website too. You can probably even get it cheaper on ebay from him.
            HSHO #3

Comment

i got mine off ebay for 218 shipped and they were in great condition except that the wire harnesses were cut way too short so you couldnt split the wires and wire the 9006/9005 to the h4/h3. i just got a little attachment that plugs from the stock harness inside the car into the jdm headlights and it works great. like said before, ebay is a great place to get cheap shit, but be careful

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordEX
                yea just do your research and check feedback out and whatever. he sells many jdm parts on ebay as autoxsonic, just apparently has a website too. You can probably even get it cheaper on ebay from him.
                lost on an auction last week... my max bid was $180, couldn't get to a computer that day since i was on call at the hospital... ended up going for $187... plus $35 for shipping... $222 vs $199

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33710 only 1 pieces on ebay right now. for some reason i'm wary of people who can't spell too well, guess it's the former editor in me, lol. note the $84 shipping fee.

thanks for the info though.
                Last edited by uncle_el; 08-18-2003, 06:38 AM.

Comment

You dont want to go JDM, rather go to ECode because the flare of the cutoff on the JDM goes flaring up to the left, which causes glare (i dont care il glare whoever i want) but it can blind oncoming drivers, and it also wont illuminate road signs good at all because they flare up left our signs in the US are on the right hand side, with Ecode atleast you will be having a cutoff meant for our sort of standards, be aware when going away from DOT pattern you will lose illumination of some overhead signs and also will feel like your overdriving the headlights because they dont do distance as much.. thats just my opinion GO Ecode. not jdm. JDM is so readily used these days that its seemed to be the FERRARI of car parts, but theyre not

Comment

not familiar with Ecode. please enlighten me!

fyi i'm serious

Comment

ecode is from europe. hes right, in the pure sence of lighting, but they are 2 piece, exactly like ours except they use the h4/h1 and have a better cutoff and pattern. also it gets rid of the little nipples on the headlights. so if you want better lighting then yes. I dont think people get jdm headlights for better lighting though unless they honestly don't realize that they drive on the different side of the road so the pattern is opposite. to solve that problem I swapped in some a6 projectors.

courtesy of member USC:

edit: ok just click this
                      http://www.zukko.com/julian/gallery/...compare18.html

also yes its true so many people do have them now its not like a rare exclusive thing. oh well I still like them.
                      Last edited by 93accordEX; 08-19-2003, 10:51 PM.
                      HSHO #3

Comment

Ecode basically puts alot more "useable" light on the ground for about 20-30 feet. it is not as good as the DOT pattern for the furthur vision which is one advantage DOT has, but it also has a much more strict cutoff..

Comment

On another note, The likelyhood that you will be able to get Ecode headlights is about slim to none.. At 600 dollars a pop, and having like no suppliers of them in the usa, basically you wont be able to get them without having a large amount of luck.. id do a audi projector or if you can get them even better honda s2000 projector retrofit, thats your best bet, and get hid..

Comment

thanks for the info. i knew about the light output and the pattern difference, but i'd really like to have 1 piece headlights... figure out the light output after that

Comment

listen, your getting the 1 piece headlights for the wrong reason, theyre not worth it for a car you drive alot, it diminishes your vision, i dont see an advantage to that, not being able to see signs on the right hand side...

Comment

Working...
                              X