Show me your JDM taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show me your JDM taillights

ok im keen to see what you got as im wanting to buy my own BUT if you could could you also post a pic on the wiring set up and a pic of them working please as i need to know how they connect and work before i spend my money

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
    — Mighty Car Mods

heres mine

JDM4LYFE
    COUPE K24

Comment

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thread

Comment

and this thread is funny because??

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
        — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

the reason why i made this thread is because iv already had to rewire the headlights i got because US wiring was different to NewZealand so there for i would like to know how the taillights are set up before i go buy myself some so i know what im getting into.
          if your gona laugh about my thread then f@%k off

there is a reason behind my madness

— Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Most people in the us just have the red and clears or the oem usdm lights. I no longer have my cb so I can't take pics for you.

Comment

bump

— Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Madpol View Post
                and this thread is funny because??
                lol sorry. Because there are no "JDM" specific tail lights, except for the 90-91 ones that have a chrome strip around the edge like the 1 piece headlights.

Ebay advertises all their altezza/euro tails as "JDM", and that's why it was funny. You should buy them to match your JDM headights. lol

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                  heres mine

JDM4LYFE

the reason why i made this thread is because iv already had to rewire the headlights i got because US wiring was different to NewZealand so there for i would like to know how the taillights are set up before i go buy myself some so i know what im getting into.
                  if your gona laugh about my thread then f@%k off

there is a reason behind my madness
                  No need to worry about wiring. Unlike headlights, the tail lights do not have any sort of wiring to replace. In fact, the wiring is simply removed and installed into the tail lights. You have to swap your tail lights' circuit board boxes and bulbs into your new set of tail lights. Bulbs are the same size for all markets.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                  lol sorry. Because there are no "JDM" specific tail lights, except for the 90-91 ones that have a chrome strip around the edge like the 1 piece headlights.

Ebay advertises all their altezza/euro tails as "JDM", and that's why it was funny. You should buy them to match your JDM headights. lol
                  There are also differences in the reflectors. The JDM tail lights have three strips of reflectors inside the center lights, and none on the outer lights. While USDM have two strips in the centers, and they also have reflectors on the outer tails. The OP, in New Zealand, might have the same kind of tail lights as in Japan.
                  My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Joshy View Post

There are also differences in the reflectors. The JDM tail lights have three strips of reflectors inside the center lights, and none on the outer lights. While USDM have two strips in the centers, and they also have reflectors on the outer tails. The OP, in New Zealand, might have the same kind of tail lights as in Japan.
                    Right you are Joshy!

Those altezas above are by no means anything close to JDM

I believe that was the reason for the lol by 93CB7Ex

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

your forgiven lol

ah k i thought all non factory parts were JDM.
                      so if i was to buy a true JDM part would i have to buy from japan?

— Mighty Car Mods

Comment

your forgiven lol

ah k i thought all non factory parts were JDM.
                        so if i was to buy a true JDM part would i have to buy from japan?
                        JDM can simply be referred to as a style , the look of what the car would be in the vision of the far east .mostly rare parts that was a trend in japan, that people want here .IMO...

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

ah now i understand

— Mighty Car Mods

Comment

you were almost headed for the fail wagon on that one.

Now you know.

And I also learned something new too.

Comment

a very old pic of my CB and i can say these are JDM tails because it's a CB3.
                              (you guys should do a JDM/MDM trunk swap. Cause the inner lights are shorter y'all. so it would seem to catch on to this "stupid fad")
                              '91 Concord Metallic Blue. Status: under construction

Comment

Working...
                              X