Audi full retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audi full retrofit

Ok so I've been doing a lot of searching and am thinking of doing a full on retrofit with a set of Audi headlights. My plan is to take a set of either audi a4 b5 2ds headlights

or audi a4 b7 headlights (bi-xenon) w/ r8 leds

and completely convert them into the stock housing or some old ebay projector housings that I have for the one piece look.

Im thinking the one without the leds would be easier to fit into the stock housing/ebay projector housing
    My question is am I taking on more than I can handle or will it be worth all the trouble in the end? I wanted to get your opinions before I decide to spend the money.

Thanks
    Last edited by blueplanet; 06-21-2011, 01:08 AM.

what does a set of audi headlights cost? And how delicate/fragile are those LEDs?

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
      what does a set of audi headlights cost? And how delicate/fragile are those LEDs?
      Ive found them to run about $200-250 fully stock replacement made by depo. Im guessing the leds are going to be somewhat fragile.

Comment

That's going to be an expensive hid swap. But if u manage, props!

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_with_snail View Post
          That's going to be an expensive hid swap. But if u manage, props!
          well its not that much really because if it doesnt go the way i plan ive still got hid projectors and shrouds. I've already got hids so thats not another expense. Im still contemplating doing it

Comment

Working...
          X