Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perfect example why HID "kits" don't cut it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect example why HID "kits" don't cut it.

Just like the title says:
    http://hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopi...092&highlight=

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
    JDM H22
    Port n Polished Int Mani
    Bored TB, maxed
    MSD 6A
    I/H/E
    no cat
    [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

the cb7 has jdm headlights though...the light would be directed toward the passenger side (away from the wall) and not the driver side like usdm headlights which the benz has...try comparing the benz with a cb7 that has hid's on usdm headlights and im sure it would look better.

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner
      the cb7 has jdm headlights though...the light would be directed toward the passenger side (away from the wall) and not the driver side like usdm headlights which the benz has...try comparing the benz with a cb7 that has hid's on usdm headlights and im sure it would look better.
      Having the JDM one piece headlights does not make that much of a difference. Yes, there is a glare problem but when I had my HID kit in my 1 pieces, I never ONCE was flashed by oncoming cars.

The point of the subject is retrofitting a kit is better than just some of the plug and play kits. You can see the light output on the ground from the Mercedes is much better than the Accord. It looks like the Accord is using stock bulbs and not HID capsules with the entire kit.

Thats why there is a right way and wrong way to "properly" do HIDs to a non-HID equipped car.
      Adam - Retired OG member from '03
      2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
      2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner
        last time i checked, jdm headlights have the flare to the drivers side not the passenger side, remember, the curb in japan is on the passenger side, driver side here in the states.

93' Accord (Sold )
        JDM H22
        Port n Polished Int Mani
        Bored TB, maxed
        MSD 6A
        I/H/E
        no cat

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
          .....It looks like the Accord is using stock bulbs and not HID capsules with the entire kit.....
          no, it is using HID capsules.

93' Accord (Sold )
          JDM H22
          Port n Polished Int Mani
          Bored TB, maxed
          MSD 6A
          I/H/E
          no cat

Comment

Originally posted by acch22
            no, it is using HID capsules.
            I know, but I said it LOOKS like it's using stock halogens and not HID capsules since the output is so horrible.
            Adam - Retired OG member from '03
            2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
            2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
            2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
              I know, but I said it LOOKS like it's using stock halogens and not HID capsules since the output is so horrible.
              oh, well my thoughts exactly.

93' Accord (Sold )
              JDM H22
              Port n Polished Int Mani
              Bored TB, maxed
              MSD 6A
              I/H/E
              no cat

Comment

It doesnt look like the accord is using regular bulbs, look at how white and bright the headlamp is. and this is a horrible example of showing light output because there is nothing in front of them to shine back on. DUH

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

that scares me haha.. i was plannin on a plug and play.. and its about 350-550 canadian.. how much would retro fit and stuff cost? i kno ..its a diy but im lazy! or if i can do it myself.. how much would it cost ne ways?
                  1st Car 1990 Accord Ex-R*Dead // Tow Truck
                  2nd Car 1992 Integra Gs*Dead // Tree//Water
                  3rd Car 1992 Accord Ex-R // Keepin For EVER!!

Comment

I don't think it will be that bad if you:

a) Rig up one of those belly sheilds to complement the one in the headlight
                    b) Blackhouse your headlights
                    c) Rig up some kind of sheild or paint the part of the reflector that points up.

If you look at these Maxima headlight you'll see what I'm talking about in part three. There is a "step" at the bottom of the headlight that replaces the part of the reflector that points up; and I'm guessing there's a sheild on the bulb to further prevent any of the light from going up there. I'm telling you, with some light, cheap modification (just a little blackhousing and aluminum like BustedLX did) USDM lights can have decent HID output from a kit. Once my tax return comes home I'll show you.

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Neat. Makes you think twice about getting hids

Comment

i have the vision x 8k HID plug and play kit and i have no glare problems at all. they look identical to the light output of the mercedes. as long as you dont get a shitty kit you shouldnt have a light output problem
                        www.rms-usa.com

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                          Neat. Makes you think twice about getting hids
                          No it doesn't. I had HIDs and I had glare and scattered light from my HID kit but luminosity was far better than oem. Of course with the current retrofit, luminosity is FAR superior because everything is basically in its "proper" environment but if I came across a really cheap priced kit, i would still have done it. Although I do like Busted's "retrofit" idea and would rather do that than buy a kit due to using oem parts.
                          "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Originally posted by h22a_4thGen
                            that scares me haha.. i was plannin on a plug and play.. and its about 350-550 canadian.. how much would retro fit and stuff cost? i kno ..its a diy but im lazy! or if i can do it myself.. how much would it cost ne ways?
                            a retro would cost you up to the same amount or even less, and you get OEM lighting, not that rigged up crap with the casper shield.

93' Accord (Sold )
                            JDM H22
                            Port n Polished Int Mani
                            Bored TB, maxed
                            MSD 6A
                            I/H/E
                            no cat

Comment

Originally posted by krakakru21
                              i have the vision x 8k HID plug and play kit and i have no glare problems at all. they look identical to the light output of the mercedes. as long as you dont get a shitty kit you shouldnt have a light output problem
                              Krak, there is no possible way it looks like the MB pic

93' Accord (Sold )
                              JDM H22
                              Port n Polished Int Mani
                              Bored TB, maxed
                              MSD 6A
                              I/H/E
                              no cat

Comment

Working...
                              X