No announcement yet.

HID Kit installed with Projectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

function dictates and form follows...word.
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by 92Accord EX-R
      Wow, for a group that's supposed to be supportive of each other... you guys can really rain on someone's parade, you know that? And in case anyone cares.... there's nothing JDM about my car. It was built at a Honda plant in Ohio, and I don't care. Since you opened it up though, I did an HID conversion because I wanted to be different. JDM is NOT different. How many people on here have JDM stuff vs. tiny legitimate enhancements to increase performance? JDM lights are NOT designed for use in USDM cars. And when was the last time a body kit gave more horsepower at the wheels? Anyone? Did your kit come with drag co-efficient comparisions?
      The point of my post was to show people that as much as everyone says projectors suck, I've had nothing but good things to say. Unless you've driven my car... with OEM headlights, Halogen projectors, and HID projectors, how bout we ease up on the "me" bashing, huh? Everything I've done to my car I've done and paid for myself, and I'm proud of it. I see function as more important than flash. Don't get me wrong, HID looks incredible from the outside... But it's a lot easier to do night driving with. I don't hate on the people that DO put wrench time into aesthetics, because I respect them for the effort. It's an Accord, and they love it. Nuff said. If you can't respect someone for just doing their own thing and not copying your car... Maybe next time I'll start a "bash the guy trying to be a little experimental" thread and save us a confusing title.
      listen bro, no one was arguing that maybe you got a good pair and i personally dont care about JDM, people who go for all JDM look is a fad because its somthing we dont have made here which makes it unique.. either way.... i dont care wut somone does.. But dont make it sound like we dont know what were saying we have our reasons based on proof not just talking off.. I think that its good that you want to be origial and do your thing im not gonna stop you. all i am saying is , from the projectors i have seen using H3 have not been good, you might have gotten a good pair its possible, but in all fairness H3 in low beam has had a real shitty Reputation.. keep on wut your doing, but you need to watch what your saying, no one is bashing you creativeness, were arguing the facts..

On another note, i dont want to see everyone quoting him and saying "Preach on" "You go" and of that bs because it will be deleted its a waste of space.. keep it on the topic.

Comment

keep us informed on how long your bulbs last...im sure you have the same problem as i do about them blowing out quickly so if your set-up last for a long time then i might just do what you did. im all for originality like you, but to tell you the truth if i wouldve know about the problems i was going to have with these projectors i wouldve just blacked-out my stock headlights and put an hid kit on those...i just hate the fact that i keep on buying so many bulbs...dont get me wrong, i love how my headlights look, its just a big hassle changing the bulbs every so often but keep us "projectors" owners informed...this just might be a way to stop us from giving the bulb man our money

Originally posted by fizzbob7
        first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
        Originally posted by ACC0RD22
        no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
        So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
          On another note, i dont want to see everyone quoting him and saying "Preach on" "You go" and of that bs because it will be deleted its a waste of space.. keep it on the topic.
          if that was directed towards me you could have just said my name. all i was doing was saying that i liked that his setup was emphasizing the function over the look. and it wasnt off topic, i didnt know that supporting someone and agreeing with what they did was offtopic. sorry for lending my support.
          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

no i left urs, like 2 other peeps did it, it was gettin annoying wasnt meaning u, 1 person saying it is enuf no wut i mean? if ten peeps say it it gets way off track..

Comment

92Accord EX-R, reguardless of what people say, it looks nice. I'm sure it does give out light very well and I'm glad to see your pleased. I wasn't saying it didn't light up the road or anything but I've had HID's on my set of projectors, and a set on my current JDM headlights. I'll have to post some pics of the comparison. It's just me, but I'll never go back to my projectors because my JDM's light up the road A LOT more than my projectors with my 6000K HID kit did. I have a 7000K, which is weaker than a 6000K, and it's still better.

Even if your doing it just for looks, or actual light, it's looking good. HID's make a world of a difference

xplode, I've had HID kit on both sets of my headlights, along with BustedLX and the JDM's light it up much more. Sorry to break your correctness with actual proof.
              Adam - Retired OG member from '03
              2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
              2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

I've never had a problem with blowing bulbs but I modded my vents (read: opened up) in the light before I put them on the car. I don't believe it'll be a problem for me now either, since HID bulbs burn cooler than halogens <cringes in anticipation of flames>

I'll get pics ASAP. I appreciate the support from those who gave it, and anyone that didn't, that's ok. I wasn't looking for it.

For anyone's reference:

Projector Info

HID General Information

Halogen Bulbs Dissected

OEM Headlight Assembly Information

I didn't write any of the above linked material. If anyone wants to object to it's accuracy or relavancy... Bug the authors, not me. I have found it to be a very helpful resource, if you didn't, that's cool too.

Comment

hmm.. I missed out on this so theres not much too add. one thing is about uniqueness, I've never seen another cb7 on the streets with jdm headlights. true they do seem to be more popular on here. I have seen about half a dozen with those projectors though. cost between the 2 is also about the same now.

now for adam - define light it up much more... maybe it lights it up much more where its not needed, like in other drivers eyes because of the opposite flair, but do you honestly think that they are better compared to an oem projector retrofit? maybe we should start a gallery showing beam patterns.
                  HSHO #3

Comment

for sure man.. i agree.. because people are confusing glare with light output and thats not correct.

Comment

That's one of the primary benefits of having a projector as opposed to textured / refracting mirror assemblies ... glare is minimized as the beam pattern is more precise. I don't know that I'd try HID with a stock lamp, seems much more difficult to predict.

I won't argue with the fact that improperly installed HID (or ANY headlight for that matter) is nothing less than a weapon when improperly aligned. Studies have shown especially elderly drivers have great difficulty adjusting from night vision to intense light back to night vision.

I've used my HIDs for approximately 19 hrs of highway night driving so far, and have not had a single on-coming driver flash me. I've also opposed local police in traffic directly with no problems, and had no comments during a traffic stop (read: speeding ticket... I got set up ). If you don't want to take to time to align things properly... you're wasting your time and putting yourself and others at risk.

Comment

The whole "blinding" on coming traffic is bullshit in my opinion, and many other people who have the JDM's. BustedLX, who is probably one of the smartest people when it comes to cars on teh board, has a HID kit on his car and when I was with him we didn't get one flash. If they aren't aimed towards the sky like half the morons with them do, then you won't be blinding other people more than a stock HID kit would.

People over rate the "flares" of the JDM's like it's sending a damn red laser into the drivers eyes. It doesn't shine across the road like everyone says it does.

As for lighting up the road, it's just like driving in a new Acura TL or CL with the stock HID's. Lights up the road just like those and doesn't "BLIND" the oncoming traffic.
                        Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                        2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                        2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                        2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                          The whole "blinding" on coming traffic is bullshit in my opinion, and many other people who have the JDM's.

People over rate the "flares" of the JDM's like it's sending a damn red laser into the drivers eyes. It doesn't shine across the road like everyone says it does.
                          It's comments like this that made me give up preaching HID correctness. I find it oddly convenient that so many people have retrofitted JDM's with HID yet neglect to post pics of their new beam pattern against the wall. If it's so great w/ HID, why not post and boast? As a car and lighting enthusiast, I can appreciate good lighting on any vehicle.

And believe me, I've asked on numerous occasion for many years and thus far, only 93accordEX has ever provided me pics of his one piece with halogens.

Here is a pic of my car with HID's. And I took the liberty to mirror the photo because I can't find anyone willing to share with me a pic of their beam pattern.

The wall is about 50 yards away from the front of the vehicle. This is the strength of HID, notice how the flare goes up? The crest of that flare I'd estimate about 7 feet. So following the JDM pattern, from a distance of 50 yards and within, the oncoming traffic will see a nice crisp, bright white light. And yes, my lights are aimed properly at a decline, not straight out or up.

Like I said, I'm not going to preach HID correctness anymore. Having headlights in your eyes won't kill you (even if it's HID brightness), but it can momentarily blind traffic. And oftentimes, people don't high beam back because:
                          1) two blind idiots on the road dun make it right.
                          2) people who usually have blinding HID think it's even funnier to high beam back when high beamed.
                          3) you're not the only guy on the road so if oncoming car high beams, he won't be flashing just you.
                          4) driving manual tells you not to high beam people back for reason #1.

Show me beam pattern against the wall. That will be the best indication of what's good and what's crap.
                          Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

I'm still waiting to see someone do an OEM HID projector retrofit (BMW, AUDI, etc.) into the funky 1 piece projectors...

but I also would like to see the "USC style" against the wall beam pattern pics of this retrofit...

Def points for originality though... can't say I can remember anyone else doing this before...
                            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

rebels: no matter what you say, JDM's are not better than Hella/Audi/BMW HID projectors, its a fact.. The best projector puts out 95% of the light from the HID capsule to the road, The best relfector only is about 85% of the light from the halogen bulb filament.. its been proven and until you get us pics it dont mean shit, you might think its alot better because u spent hella money but dont mean it... just like ricers and the blue bulbs.. "o i can see better than stock halogens!! wrong, its because you think your seeing better because you want them to be better... Now im not gonna say that JDM's with halogens vs JDM with hid isnt a big diff, im sure it is, but it cant compare to projectors..
                              Last edited by xplode; 01-07-2004, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 92Accord EX-R
                                I've never had a problem with blowing bulbs but I modded my vents (read: opened up) in the light before I put them on the car. I don't believe it'll be a problem for me now either, since HID bulbs burn cooler than halogens <cringes in anticipation of flames>

I'll get pics ASAP. I appreciate the support from those who gave it, and anyone that didn't, that's ok. I wasn't looking for it.

For anyone's reference:

Projector Info

HID General Information

Halogen Bulbs Dissected

OEM Headlight Assembly Information

I didn't write any of the above linked material. If anyone wants to object to it's accuracy or relavancy... Bug the authors, not me. I have found it to be a very helpful resource, if you didn't, that's cool too.
                                Bro, i am personal friends with the person who wrote that site, and i can get him in here, he will not only argue that you are incorrect on the notion that a HALOGEN PROJECTOR.. is better than a HID projector.. if you didnt notice in the picture of the projectors, yours is the farthest to the left... the cheaply made aftermarket one.. he will rant on and on, im not dissin your project, hey man Good luck wit it, i know it puts out more light than the halogens but their is no one whos gonna tell me the aftermarket projectors are good, its not true at all..

Comment

Working...
                                X